300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• University Jobs

If you are employed by a college like Georgia Tech or Emory would they allow you a chance to further your education for free or at a discounted rate? Thinking about applying to the both of them if they have something in place for employees of the schools.

If you are employed by Georgia Tech, You get free education at any board of regent school (Uga,Ga State, Kennesaw State Etc), Emory being private only offers you education at their school.

Comment

If you are a full time employee at any board of regents school you get what is essentially 3 classes a semester of tuition forgiveness at an BOR school once you are off probation (6 months). You may have to pay certain fees and such.
      Originally posted by Ceridwen
      Just one would be stingy of me, I'd have to get two. For the children.

Comment

My cousin works for a private college and they have agreements w/ others for employees or children. ie: Agnes Scott, Berry, Oglethorpe etc

I don't know if Emory is included, as Mazda mentioned. I do know an Emory Sgt. that said his children and wife were eligible.

Both of those depts are top notch. I work w/ Ga. Tech officers alot. Nice equipment etc. They deal w/ alot of pedestrian robberies.
        Last edited by Zeitgeist; 10-18-2014, 06:54 AM.
        Judge me by the enemies I have made----Unknown

Comment

http://www.usg.edu/hr/benefits/tuiti...e_program_tap/

The only drawback was "space available" registration. We had to register during late registration or drop/add. Tough to get the classes you need at the time you need them. Other than that, good deal. I did it almost ten years ago and paid practically nothing, as tuition and most fees are waived for up to 9 hrs/semester at any BOR school. Not sure if that has changed.
          Last edited by miked6; 11-12-2014, 09:29 AM.
          "Would I ever leave this company? Look, I'm all about loyalty. In fact, I feel like part of what I'm being paid for here is my loyalty. But if there were somewhere else that valued loyalty more highly, I'm going wherever they value loyalty the most. " --Dwight K Schrute (The Office)

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3683 users online. 213 members and 3470 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X