300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Metro ATL Sheriff Departments

Hello everyone, this is my official first post.

I am in search of starting my LE career, pondering different paths to take. One of them is obtaining a position of Detention Officer with promise of transferring to Patrol. I am new to the state of Georgia and currently reside in Barrow County, what advice would you all have to give.

Thank’s…..

Originally posted by 81George View Post
    Hello everyone, this is my official first post.

I am in search of starting my LE career, pondering different paths to take. One of them is obtaining a position of Detention Officer with promise of transferring to Patrol. I am new to the state of Georgia and currently reside in Barrow County, what advice would you all have to give.

Thank’s…..
    Barrow County SO is a good agency who just received some awards for traffic and DUI enforcement. Forsyth County and Gwinnett County are good agencies as well. I'm not familiar enough with Fulton or DeKalb to say one way or the other.

I don't want to talk bad about Hall County, but I'd advise against them. There are a lot of individuals there that are great deputies, but the agency as a whole is lacking.
    There once was a man who said: "Though,
    it seems that I know that I know,
    what I'd like to see is the I that knows me,
    when I know that I know that I know."

- Alan Watts

Comment

Fulton County just announcedn that they will be hiring 531 deputies for the detention and road patrol.....and got approved for a $100 million dollar budget

Comment

http://m.bizjournals.com/atlanta/mor...le.html?r=full

Comment

DeKalb SO doesn't do patrol, just jail, warrants, court, transports, etc. but I've heard of several people working for the SO then switching to the PD and only having to do paperwork to make it happen.
          Originally posted by Ceridwen
          Just one would be stingy of me, I'd have to get two. For the children.

Comment

Thank's for all the input.

I think that both Fulton and DeKalb are much of a distance for me, considering pay vs cost of living I would rather apply for agencies near me.

Anyone have an input on Jackson, Clark, or Oconee Sheriff Office?

Comment

Oconee County is an excellent SO
              Judge me by the enemies I have made----Unknown

Comment

Anyone have an input on Jackson, Clark, or Oconee Sheriff Office?
                Jackson County kind of straddles the line between a metro agency and a country agency. Since Sheriff Mangum got elected, they've upped their drug interdiction and she's been trying to get them new equipment. They're doing citizen police academies and open range days.

They patrol not only the unincorporated portions of the county, but the cities of Hoschton, Talmo, Nicholson, Pendergrass (when they don't have an officer working), Arcade (when they don't have an officer working), and Maysville (when they don't have an officer working).

If you're going to work in Clarke County, then I'd go ahead and apply with Athens-Clarke County Police. They and the Sheriff's Office both start at the same pay and offer the same incentives.

- Alan Watts

Comment

NoWingedAngel,

can you tell me more on Athens-Clarke?

They are currently hiring for Correctional Officer / Security, strange combination. I do like the 12 hour, rotating shift.

Comment

NoWingedAngel,

can you tell me more on Athens-Clarke?

They are currently hiring for Correctional Officer / Security, strange combination. I do like the 12 hour, rotating shift.
                    I don't know much about them, other than what I posted. They patrol the entirety of Athens-Clarke County, except for UGA property and Winterville which have their own departments.

If you'd like to get a grasp of what they do, you can listen to a live audio feed here.

- Alan Watts

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5606 users online. 360 members and 5246 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X