300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hired by Cobb County PD

Hey everyone, I was recently hired by the Cobb PD and I am wanting to meet some people first of all from the area (I'm from Indiana) and secondly I would like to meet some people in the January academy. I will be down in November for my orientation and all the other goodies they have us doing until Jan. I would like to get to know some people and get info on areas, best places to live and things like that!

Hope to hear from you,

Ryan

Congratulations on getting hired. Cobb County PD is a pretty busy agency and has a good reputation. I work out in the country so I really can't say much of anything about the agency or the area. I will say that you're in for a learning curve coming to the South. I moved to Georgia about 15 years ago from the Washington DC area and haven't looked back. You might want to consider looking for a place to live in another county. Cobb County is very busy and very grown up so the price of rent is equivalent. I work for a small Sheriff's Office about 60 miles SE of Atlanta where I live so I don't have to commute much anymore. Georgia is a great place to live and raise a family. Good luck to you.

Comment

East Cobb is a great place to live, also Kennesaw is also a great place as well.
      And congrats, and welcome to GA

Comment

Congrats! I've lived in Cobb my entire life and currently work for a metro Atlanta agency and in the process of getting hired with Cobb as lateral. There are some very good areas in Cobb but you can always down the road and once you are done with the academy, try to find a apartment that is in need of a courtesy officer so that way you can get a good discount or even free rent. PM me if you have any questions. By the way, how long did your entire process take?
        Last edited by gutera81; 10-01-2014, 03:30 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6303 users online. 334 members and 5969 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X