X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chris07373
    Forum Member
    • Aug 2014

Passed my EOT Test

Passed my EOT Test (Hardest test I have ever taken) in order to get my Georgia Certification without attending another Academy. My question now is what are some of the better depts. to work for around the Metro Atlanta area. Trying to stay away from the bigger depts. if I can. I have applied for Jonesboro, Clayton County, Fayetteville, and Peachtree City. Also can anyone inform me of any driving classes in the metro area that will help me with the EVOC course.
  • AtlCop
    Forum Member
    • Feb 2005

As far as pay, benefits, and good equipment... The north Fulton/north Dekalb cities seem to be doing well. They include Brookhaven, Dunwoody, Sandy Springs, and Johns Creek. They just ran a news story about Peachtree City being underpaid.
    Sign here. Press hard. You are making five copies.

Comment

• gutera81
      Forum Member
      • Mar 2012

It depends where you want to live. I would also recommend north Fulton agencies such as Sandy Springs or maybe even Cobb Co. PD and Marietta PD. Clayton County is a busy agency and they are trying to get their issues resolved such as equipment and other policies but I would only recommend working and living in Clayton if you are single, trust me on that one!

Comment

• NoWingedAngel
        Carpe Noctem
        • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Chris07373
        Passed my EOT Test (Hardest test I have ever taken) in order to get my Georgia Certification without attending another Academy. My question now is what are some of the better depts. to work for around the Metro Atlanta area. Trying to stay away from the bigger depts. if I can. I have applied for Jonesboro, Clayton County, Fayetteville, and Peachtree City. Also can anyone inform me of any driving classes in the metro area that will help me with the EVOC course.
        Marietta, MARTA, Brookhaven, Dunwoody, Sandy Springs, Johns Creek, Alpharetta, Lawrenceville, and Snellville are probably the best agencies that are a good combo of equipment and pay.

Depending on what you define as "larger agencies," you may want to check out Gwinnett County and Cobb County.
        There once was a man who said: "Though,
        it seems that I know that I know,
        what I'd like to see is the I that knows me,
        when I know that I know that I know."

- Alan Watts

Comment

• rob_fleming79
          Forum Member
          • Jan 2013

EVOC is easy!!!

Comment

• NoWingedAngel
            Carpe Noctem
            • Sep 2012

Originally posted by rob_fleming79
            EVOC is easy!!!
            It is if you listen to exactly what the instructors say.

The skid pad is easy (and fun), the brake test is easier than it looks (more fun), and the obstacle course is intimidating until they coach you through it. If you listen to them and do exactly as they tell you, you won't have any problems.

Make sure you study for the written test.
            There once was a man who said: "Though,
            it seems that I know that I know,
            what I'd like to see is the I that knows me,
            when I know that I know that I know."

- Alan Watts

Comment

• rob_fleming79
              Forum Member
              • Jan 2013

Now the written test sucks!!

Comment

• Chris07373
                Forum Member
                • Aug 2014

Thanks for the help.

Comment

• gutera81
                  Forum Member
                  • Mar 2012

If you need further info on Clayton and the agencies in it, PM me.

Comment

• scuba4321
                    Forum Member
                    • Aug 2005

EVOC is a total breeze. Several departments further north are hiring. Cherokee SO, Forsyth SO, Hollysprings, Canton, Woodstock to name a few.

Comment

• LPguy
                      Forum Member
                      • Mar 2012

Coweta and fayette county SO's are both hiring certified for the road. I'd choose either of them over clayton, jonesboro or fayetteville
                      Last edited by LPguy; 09-26-2014, 12:37 AM.

Comment

• gutera81
                        Forum Member
                        • Mar 2012

I have a friend who works for Clayton PD but had left and then worked for Coweta SO. He was there for about a month and ran right back to Clayton, his reason was their training to include FTO were horrible. He said their tactics are the same as a rookie cop and his FTO had been there for almost 10 years. I guess it's because the call volume in Clayton are much higher so you get a lot more experience there. He is now part of SWAT in Clayton. he said the only reason he went to Coweta was because he used to live there and did not want to move but he now lives in Fayette. Something to think about...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12159 users online. 75 members and 12084 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...