300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thinking of a change

Current APD here. I was wondering if anyone had any info (pay, benefits, morale) for these departments...
    Avondale Estates
    Newnan
    Fayette Co Sheriff
    Griffin
    Any of them worth making the switch for? Thanks!

A friend works for Avondale Estates PD and he told me that they won't hire APD or Dekalb as they don't want 'our kind of policing'

Good luck to you. Keep looking.
    Judge me by the enemies I have made----Unknown

Comment

Not that it's on your list but in the same area, Peachtree City has openings. Good pay, equipment, benefits, take home car. Coming from APD I imagine it would be a huge change.

Comment

Originally posted by Zeitgeist View Post
        A friend works for Avondale Estates PD and he told me that they won't hire APD or Dekalb as they don't want 'our kind of policing'

Good luck to you. Keep looking.
        Thankfully, the city is changing it's ways. We now have people from Henry Co, DeKalb, and Fulton SO, all but one of which we love, and the other is a good officer, but a kiss a-- so the chief likes him. With the economy turning around and less people wanting to be officers, we as a whole need to get rid of our pre-conceived ideas and look at individuals as just that: an individual, regardless of where they are coming from.
        Originally posted by Ceridwen
        Just one would be stingy of me, I'd have to get two. For the children.

Comment

Smyrna PD is currently taking apps. I'm thinking of change myself looking to get back on the road but need mandated in GA certified out of State. Anyone have pros or cons with either Cherokee Co So or Paulding Co So?

Comment

Originally posted by biggunnzz View Post
            Smyrna PD is currently taking apps. I'm thinking of change myself looking to get back on the road but need mandated in GA certified out of State. Anyone have pros or cons with either Cherokee Co So or Paulding Co So?
            I went to the academy with a couple of guys from Paulding County. The pay is very low but a lot of folks that leave end up coming back because of the level of training they receive. You won't find another sheriff's office tougher than those guys and gals.
            There once was a man who said: "Though,
            it seems that I know that I know,
            what I'd like to see is the I that knows me,
            when I know that I know that I know."

- Alan Watts

Comment

thanks to everyone for your input

Comment

Originally posted by biggunnzz View Post
                Cherokee SO is a great department...once they get their pay straight it will be even better. They are very short right now. Guys leaving for higher paid Depts.

Comment

thank you Sir that is what I'm hoping for is Cherokee SO in the process now

Comment

Originally posted by NoWingedAngel View Post
                    I went to the academy with a couple of guys from Paulding County. The pay is very low but a lot of folks that leave end up coming back because of the level of training they receive. You won't find another sheriff's office tougher than those guys and gals.
                    Pay might be low, but the cheaper cost of living might balance it out.

Comment

Originally posted by tbl87 View Post
                      thanks to everyone for your input
                      Also, a friend (zone 5 officer) went to Smyrna PD, didn't like it, tried to come back to APD but they were taking too long and ended up getting hired by Cobb PD. I don't know what he didn't like about Smyrna. Just passing it along.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3150 users online. 158 members and 2992 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X