300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roswell PD

Anyone here currently or have recently worked for Roswell PD? How is the morale and pay/benefits? What is their take home policy, is it by miles or minutes from city limits or HQ? Any information is greatly appreciated as I'm current LEO and want to move up north. Sandy Springs was hiring but I guess not anymore and from what I heard, RPD is just as good, is that a fact?

Here's the link to the city's employment page with some of the stuff you requested, courtesy of my handy-dandy big employer list thread. /shameless plug
    There once was a man who said: "Though,
    it seems that I know that I know,
    what I'd like to see is the I that knows me,
    when I know that I know that I know."

- Alan Watts

Comment

Your comment that you've heard Roswell is just as good as SSPD needs clarification. In what way? Pay/benefits/equipment is far superior at SSPD and that's just for starters. Personally Roswell would be near last for places I would work. Some of their officers are jam up and part of the brotherhood, but more are/come across as arrogant folks who don't acknowledge fellow officers. Their reputation with their surrounding LE neighbors could use a lot of work. I'll leave it at that.

If you're looking "north" as in north Fulton you need to stick to SSPD, Johns Creek, and Alpharetta. Milton isn't what it's made out to be and gets lumped into the other north Fulton agency conversations. I would consider these as well - Forsyth County S.O., Lawrenceville PD, Dunwoody PD, and possibly Brookhaven PD. The jury is still out on Brookhaven because they're so new. Gwinnett is a great department and they're finally coming out of some rough times, but you'll have to attend their entire academy - which for a veteran is ridiculous.

Give it a few weeks. Most of the municipalities are coming up on their mid year budget adjustments. I would look for job postings soon. I know Alpharetta isn't hiring right now. FCSO is hiring up a firestorm. They're short on the road almost 70 deputies and are looking to hire a lot of people because of their new courthouse and jail coming online. I don't know about SSPD or Dunwoody. Johns Creek has one annual hiring process/try out and it's always in the July-September time frame. Lawrenceville I would check in from time to time on their city website to check for postings. They don't advertise it but it's a great department with very little turnover.
      Last edited by blitzkrieg78; 06-21-2014, 01:19 PM.

Comment

Wait FCSO are 70 deputies short??? Online jail? What's going on? What is the jail short as well?

Comment

Originally posted by blitzkrieg78 View Post
          Your comment that you've heard Roswell is just as good as SSPD needs clarification. In what way? Pay/benefits/equipment is far superior at SSPD and that's just for starters. Personally Roswell would be near last for places I would work. Some of their officers are jam up and part of the brotherhood, but more are/come across as arrogant folks who don't acknowledge fellow officers. Their reputation with their surrounding LE neighbors could use a lot of work. I'll leave it at that.

If you're looking "north" as in north Fulton you need to stick to SSPD, Johns Creek, and Alpharetta. Milton isn't what it's made out to be and gets lumped into the other north Fulton agency conversations. I would consider these as well - Forsyth County S.O., Lawrenceville PD, Dunwoody PD, and possibly Brookhaven PD. The jury is still out on Brookhaven because they're so new. Gwinnett is a great department and they're finally coming out of some rough times, but you'll have to attend their entire academy - which for a veteran is ridiculous.

Give it a few weeks. Most of the municipalities are coming up on their mid year budget adjustments. I would look for job postings soon. I know Alpharetta isn't hiring right now. FCSO is hiring up a firestorm. They're short on the road almost 70 deputies and are looking to hire a lot of people because of their new courthouse and jail coming online. I don't know about SSPD or Dunwoody. Johns Creek has one annual hiring process/try out and it's always in the July-September time frame. Lawrenceville I would check in from time to time on their city website to check for postings. They don't advertise it but it's a great department with very little turnover.
          Wow! I did not know RPD had this reputation. I was really looking at SSPD but when I finally told myself I would be moving, they stopped hiring at least posting on their site for full time. They used to do it 1 month on and the other off on posting full time PD positions. My Sgt in the agency I work for told me Brookhaven needed some bilingual officers and he recommended me to the recruiting officer there who's a friend of his (go figure huh?) but I don't know if I want to work there as it is not really "north" of ATL.

Comment

Yes, FCSO is short approximately 60-70 deputies in the uniform patrol division. I used to work there and stay in touch with my friends. To make a long story short they've had a number of folks leave in the last couple of years but the new Sheriff also drew a line in the sand and has gotten rid of a lot of deadweight line officers and supervisors that were weighing the agency down. They are slowly cleaning house and only leaving the hard working squared away deputies who want to be there and work hard. Even though this had been at the expense of a lot of road deputies, the guys still there are doing the best they can with what they have.

They are also now making it more difficult to get hired with tougher hiring standards. In the end, FCSO will be a better agency for it. Not that it's a bad agency now. They've been a good department for years.

When I said the jail and courthouse would be coming online I meant coming into use. They are wrapping up construction of a huge new jail and courthouse. The sheriff's office is resposible for manning those, therefore, as an agency - they are looking to hire tons of deputies. Both for the road and for the jail and courthouse. Those two will need additional manpower.

Comment

Be patient and get what you want. My buddies in Brookhaven told me they stay very busy on the Buford Highway corridor, which is no surprise. Everyone knew going in that would be the case. I can see them needing bilingual officers because of the area. And you'd be north of ATL, literally, because I believe their southern beats border APD. Ha.

Comment

BLITZKRIEG, pm if you can

Comment

Why do you want a northern agency so much? I've talked to a lot of Brookhaven's guys at DKSO and they all seem to like it. The pay, equipment, and morale seem better than a lot of places. I've heard unflattering things about Roswell, but since it was a from a single source who no longer works there, I won't share it.

Originally posted by gutera81 View Post
                  Wow! I did not know RPD had this reputation. I was really looking at SSPD but when I finally told myself I would be moving, they stopped hiring at least posting on their site for full time. They used to do it 1 month on and the other off on posting full time PD positions. My Sgt in the agency I work for told me Brookhaven needed some bilingual officers and he recommended me to the recruiting officer there who's a friend of his (go figure huh?) but I don't know if I want to work there as it is not really "north" of ATL.
                  Originally posted by Ceridwen
                  Just one would be stingy of me, I'd have to get two. For the children.

Comment

I'm buying a house in the north area so take home policies are usually 20 miles or 30 minutes from county/city limits so I'm trying to be within that. Brookhaven does seem like a great place to work. Do you know if they have take home and what their policy is for it? If anyone needs to PM me please feel free as I will appreciate any additional info. Thanks
                    Last edited by gutera81; 06-22-2014, 09:17 PM.

Comment

They do have take homes, I think it's 20-30 miles.
                      Originally posted by Ceridwen
                      Just one would be stingy of me, I'd have to get two. For the children.

Comment

I agree with you blitzkrieg78. I use to have to ride the SR 400 gauntlet many times from work to home where I lived in the north metro.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6075 users online. 354 members and 5721 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X