300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• House Bill 60

What are you thoughts on the new legislation?

Personally, the only real problem I have is the section explaining that the local Board of Education is not obligated to reveal to police who may have weapons and weapon training.

If there's an active-shooter situation and I go into a school, how am I supposed to know who the shooter is if I see 3 different people with firearms?

I also don't like the guns in bars idea, but if people had wanted them in bars before they would've just taken them anyway. So, the net change is likely moot.
    There once was a man who said: "Though,
    it seems that I know that I know,
    what I'd like to see is the I that knows me,
    when I know that I know that I know."

- Alan Watts

Not a cop, but I like everything in the bill. I understand the issue with an active shooter at a school. Bar carry is nothing new though. Prior to HB 60, Bar carry was legal with permission of the owner. Carry has been and is still legal even while drinking.

Comment

In an active shooter situation, anyone with a weapon that does not have a clearly marked POLICE on them is probably going to get shot
      Judge me by the enemies I have made----Unknown

Comment

Originally posted by Zeitgeist View Post
        In an active shooter situation, anyone with a weapon that does not have a clearly marked POLICE on them is probably going to get shot
        Pretty much my thoughts exactly.....

Comment

This is going to cause unnecessary calls for service. Look at what happened last week in Forsyth County at Fowler Park. Not to mention that complaints against LEO's will increase, either from the citizen carrying because an officer stops them, or from the reporting party not satisfied because the officer has no ability to take action.

Zeitgeist you are correct about an active shooter situation.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4255 users online. 230 members and 4025 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X