No announcement yet.

Albany PD

300x250 Mobile

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Albany PD

Ive seen some threads on here about APD, but they were all ranging from 5 to 6 years ago. Just wondering if there is still any one on here in APD or if any one else is or has gone through the hiring process in the past 1 or 2 years. I just got invited to come down for my oral interview. Also just had some questions about APD. Thanks for any feed back guys.

Brother trust me, STAY AWAY. Worked there for right at two years. I work in a neighboring county now and have a lot of friends there. Albany is going downhill at a record pace. There are no jobs in this area for family, schools are deteriorating beyond belief. Look up CRCT cheating for Albany schools. Not sure where in Virginia you live but I was stationed in Quantico as a Marine. I regret everyday coming back to South Georgia. They invite everyone for an oral interview because their attrition rate is that bad. The average time on road for patrol officers is less than 2 years. I could go on all day for reasons not to waste your time. Any specific questions you have please ask.

Albany PD is one of the few places I ever found to consistently have 20+ positions open.

Living in that city was a terrible, terrible experience.

If you are just starting out in law enforcement, you will get LOTS of experience dealing with all sorts of ridiculous and/or dangerous scenarios.

Albany was named one of the ten poorest cities in the country recently. Be ready for the symptoms of that.

In two years of working there, I saw the chief maybe three or four times. Maybe.

Promotions? ....One SGT and one CPL cycle happened in the two years I was there.

As far as LEO's in Georgia, the pay was good for my qualifications. I lived well in south Georgia....could have bought a house if I didn't hate the place so much. Took a job for less pay in the Atlanta area last year.

^ Just a couple quick facts from my personal experience. I'm not sure if I regret taking that job since I met some good officers there and matured greatly - but I definitely don't regret leaving there.
      I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin', and hook up with them later.

What's Going On

There are currently 6106 users online. 241 members and 5865 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad