Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SE job openings

Just a heads up if anyone is looking:

Glynn County PD was looking for 9, but hired 5 to send to the academy, so 4 still open. They are pretty well funded and have some interesting toys. Work 5 on, 4 off, for 10 hrs with 3 different shifts, moving up one every 28 days. Take homes in the county, X26 tasers, G21C with TLR-1, in car computers, pretty much all gear issued. I believe they have between 8-11 per shift, plus have K-9, traffic, HEAT, SWAT, CID, bikes (no motors), ATV's for beach patrol in the summer, and (maybe still have) marine units. Pay should be on the site, but I think it's about 33k starting, probably more with
    http://www.glynncounty.org/jobs.aspx

College of Coastal Georgia is looking for between 1 and 3 campus police officers. Must be certified. It's in Glynn County, but a pretty small campus (about 7k students) though they just finished their first set of dorms. They don't do very much but go to a LOT of training and 2 of their 11 people are instructors. Work the Panama Schedule (12 hr days, every other weekend off) and rotate every 8 weeks. Pay is $14.60 an hour, but they have it set up for 40 hour weeks still, so you get automatic OT. No tasers, but all equipment is issued and they have 1 or 2 cars, several side by side ATV's, and some bikes. Since it's a state uni, they are under the teacher's retirement system and get Blue Cross/ Blue Shield, plus 9 class hours a semester for free and can attend one class a day while on shift if no on called out.
    http://www.ccga.edu/faculty/HumanResources/Employment/

City of Jesup is looking for certified officers, unknown how many at this time. It's a small town (about 14k) and pretty much the only one in the county besides Screven, which has a 2 man dept. Jesup also works the Panama, but gets paid based on 86 hrs every two weeks. Starting pay is about $12 hr with free medical and they pay your POAG dues. M26 tasers, Gen4 G22's, and all equipment is issued. They have take homes within the county and the fleet ranges from a 99 CVPI, all the way up to 2 2010 Chargers. No computers, but I've seen the cars in person and the new ones are nice. Anything below an 06... eh. Since it's a small town, patrol is really the only division, but they can work a lot of traffic if they want, but if you don't want to, that's cool, too.
    http://www.jesuppd.com/ (I think you have to call or go to the DOL website to get an app)

I have contacts at all 3 depts so if you have any questions, let me know.
    Originally posted by Ceridwen
    Just one would be stingy of me, I'd have to get two. For the children.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2646 users online. 137 members and 2509 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X