300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transfer from California?

Does anyone know what steps someone needs to take if they wanted to relocate to an agency in Georgia from California? Has anyone done this? if so, please explain the process and how to make the process run smoothly without running back and fort from California to Georgia just for testing and paper work. Thanks guys.
    I have the Iron fist with a silk glove. Don’t show all your playing cards; give them just enough to get by on and you will win.

Another question... Is it possible to actually be hired by an agency before moving to the state? Actually getting drivers license and other required residence documents after being hired.
    I have the Iron fist with a silk glove. Don’t show all your playing cards; give them just enough to get by on and you will win.

Comment

It would be up to the department for deciding to hire before you move, but I don't see why they wouldn't. You would have to came over for testing and stuff, but I tested with one department who let me do my physical in the morning, shower, change, grab a bite, then do the CVSA and interview in the afternoon.

As far as your certification, go to GAPOST.org and they have the forms and info you will need.

Where in CA are you from? I lived in El Centro (East of San Diego) for a few years.
      Originally posted by Ceridwen
      Just one would be stingy of me, I'd have to get two. For the children.

Comment

Sent you a PM
        Regret for the things we did can be tempered by time; it is regret for the things we did not do that is inconsolable. - Sydney J. Harris

Comment

You are going to be in for some big culture shock!

Best of luck to you

Comment

Thanks guys, sorry my reply took so long. I've worked southern california area, I rather not say what department.

Culture shock? why?

Comment

Have you ever been to GA?

Living in the south is nothing like California. Before anyone decides to move I think they should spend a little time in the area they want to relocate.

I'm not saying if it's a good or bad thing, but there is no doubt about it being a completely different way of life here.

Is there a particular reason why you are looking into GA? Do you have a family?

Comment

No family, just me. I've been to Atlanta once for a week and I enjoyed myself. The people there are friendly and the night life is similar to California. I have a friend who moved there about a year ago and she loves it. California law enforcement is going down the drain with the economy and all these lay offs and I want to go to a place where the cost of living is cheaper and you get more for your buck. I think Atlanta is a great spot for what I'm looking for. I just have to get over the weather there.

Comment

Good luck to you, but I hope that you are ready to SWEAT under the vest.

Comment

As for hiring out of state... there is a provision in GA law that allows agencies to hire officers from bordering states. Other than that I would guess you have to have a license etc by the time or very soon after you are hired.

If you been to the academy in CA you can contact GA POST for the forms to get exempt from about half the academy. Regardless of how long your academy was they will want you to attend a good part of it. Do expect, at least, to take EVOC, firearms, and GA law at the academy.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3160 users online. 157 members and 3003 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X