300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 89th and 90th Trooper Schools

Hey guys, was playing around and found this: http://www.dps.georgia.gov/00/articl...816436,00.html

Apparently they are trying to get the 89th and 90th going as soon as possible and really want people for ATL.

"Georgia State Patrol - Trooper

The Department of Public Safety is accepting applications for the 89th and 90th Trooper Schools. Both of these schools are contingent on approval of anticipated funding. We will not know details regarding the size of the school, nor will we be able to confirm final job offers until we receive a final determination on the funding. However, the Special Investigations Division, Training and Human Resources will proceed with the logistics of the hiring process in order to be prepared should we receive approval.

Should we receive funding, following are the details of the school at this time (please note that these are subject to change):

Both schools will be comprised of both POST certified and non - POST certified candidates. It is anticipated that the 89th school will begin in November 2011 and the 90th will begin in January 2012. All applicants should be willing and prepared to be placed in either academy.

Training time will tailored to those candidates that are currently POST certified, allowing them to complete GSP training and move to Field Training while the remainder of the non- POST certified candidates complete basic mandate training. After Field Training, all cadets will graduate together.

The department has immediate staffing needs in Troop C (Metro Atlanta). Selected applicants expressing interest in Troop C will be given their duty assignment prior to the start of the academies. All other assignments will be made based on the operational needs of the department.

Annual Salary Minimum:
    $34,038 (while in Trooper School)
    $35,741 (upon Trooper School graduation)

Duties & Responsibilities: Under close supervision, patrols highways and roads to enforce traffic and criminal laws. Investigates traffic crashes and provides assistance to motorists. Assists other law enforcement agencies in enforcing traffic and criminal laws, and ensuring safety of the general population. Participates in criminal prosecution. DPS offers a number of opportunities for specialized assignments for Troopers throughout their career.

Minimum Training & Experience:

Applicant must be a U.S. citizen, possess a diploma from an accredited high school or G.E.D, and must be 21 years old upon graduation from Trooper School.

Applicants must also successfully pass the pre-employment process which includes completion of the GA Work Ready assessment reflecting scores of 4 or higher in each assessment area, background investigation and polygraph, oral interview, physical fitness test, psychological and medical evaluations, and meet other requirements for certification as a peace officer set by the Georgia Peace Officer Standards and Training Council (P.O.S.T.). Click here to review our employment disqualifiers."
    Originally posted by Ceridwen
    Just one would be stingy of me, I'd have to get two. For the children.

They're doing a lateral class? Does anybody know how long it is?

Comment

From how it reads, it will be the same length as normal, but with more time in FTO, but that's just what I inferred.

Comment

Does anyone know if the Georgia Work Ready test is particularly hard?

Comment

I have my pt test in two weeks and my poly three days after that. Does anyone know how hard they are on the sit-ups, as far as can your butt move any at all, what if your shoulders don't touch the floor etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Going2bGSP View Post
            I have my pt test in two weeks and my poly three days after that. Does anyone know how hard they are on the sit-ups, as far as can your butt move any at all, what if your shoulders don't touch the floor etc.
            IDK for sure, but GSP is prob the same as both depts I tested with, which is not a lot of butt movement, shoulder blades must touch the ground, must rest in the up position, and both elbows have to touch the legs.

Comment

your back has to be on the floor, fingers locked behind the head, your elbows need to to come up to your knees or at least past them.
              Courage is fear that has said its prayers.

Comment

Basicallly what this means is that the 88th and 90th Trooper Schools will come to Atlanta. I've heard rumors that we're going to be taking over crashes on all the interstate systems in the Metro Area 24/7. Just be able to do 30 situps in a minute, 21 pushups, bench 67% of body weight and run 300m in 90sec. The situps, fingers locked behind head, come up elbows touch knees, rest in up position. These are just the minimum standards to get in, Trooper school requires a MUCH HIGHER physical fitness standard. i can't stress this enough, Trooper School is very physically and mentally challenging. It's one of the hardest things I've ever done.

Comment

Originally posted by FutureGSP View Post
                  Basicallly what this means is that the 88th and 90th Trooper Schools will come to Atlanta. I've heard rumors that we're going to be taking over crashes on all the interstate systems in the Metro Area 24/7. Just be able to do 30 situps in a minute, 21 pushups, bench 67% of body weight and run 300m in 90sec. The situps, fingers locked behind head, come up elbows touch knees, rest in up position. These are just the minimum standards to get in, Trooper school requires a MUCH HIGHER physical fitness standard. i can't stress this enough, Trooper School is very physically and mentally challenging. It's one of the hardest things I've ever done.
                  Rumors for Atlanta??? I know that they were trying to help people get stationed closer to home, but I know that the needs of the State Patrol go over anything else. I just applied and I have my PT test/Background turn-in on June 4th. I'm really hoping to get into the 89th this November if they get the money. What is the first month like at Forsyth???

Comment

I'm applying for GSP and will be leaving a large Metro department. Does anyone know what it is like the first month in Trooper School???

Comment

And yes, ATLANTA. As you can see by the job announcement, there is an immediate need in Troop C which is the Atlanta Metro area. If I'm not mistaken, the state is trying to obtain grants from DOT to fund these 2 schools. Once the schools are finished, I think the plan is for GSP to take over all the Crashes on the interstate system in ALL 5 of the Metro counties 24/7. So if you don't want to work crashes, maybe GSP isn't for you?

The first month you don't go home. It's both mentally and physically challenging. You better have your mind right and your physical fitness in order. Start training now, use something like P90X or something very cardio intensive. Your endurance level needs to be high for the stresses that go with being in school. The first month is different for most schools, it's usually hell week, 2 weeks of driving followed by 2 weeks of firearms training.

Comment

Thanks for the info. I don't mind working in Atlanta and accidents don't bother me. I work in a large downtown metro police department and I worked as the only traffic officer during day work. I went from accident to accident. I actually like it. Being that I'm also single, the away from home part won't bother me since I did that in the military aswell. I hear it is really tough and the troopers I work with say that I'd better be ready. I'm currently on my second round of P90X and lost 28lbs so I am in some kinda shape.

I've got my PT test on June 4 and turning in my background packet also. Got my fingers crossed. I got a long way to go.

Is the driving including PIT and high speed driving???

Comment

I don't mind working Atlanta but does anyone know if ALL of the 89th and 90th troopers will be going to Atlanta or the majority of the be going? And do they still give them a wish list?

Comment

I don't mind working Atlanta but does anyone know if ALL of the 89th and 90th troopers will be going to Atlanta or the majority of the be going? And do they still give them a wish list?
                            Nobody knows where any of them will definitely be going. If the funding is obtained the majority, if not ALL, will come to Atlanta. Besides, if you do get in, you have to be willing to go where ever they send you. You don't have a choice in the matter. If you ask for Atlanta, you will get it, If you don't ask for it, you will probably get it. If you really want to be a Trooper, you'll do what you have to do, take your lumps and then transfer later in your career.

Comment

Originally posted by METRO2GSP View Post
                              Is the driving including PIT and high speed driving???
                              Mostly high speed driving. You usually do PIT training right before you go to the field for Field Training.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5763 users online. 352 members and 5411 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X