300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cherokee so

Does anybody on here work for Cherokee county SO or know anything about the department? Even any general information would help. I was looking to put in a application with them.

They aren't great and they aren't bad. The couple I have met seemed to be down to earth and squared away.

You will have to put your time in the jail first. There seems to be room for advancement. It's a large county with a decent variety of things going on. They have a very active drug squad.

I say put in the application and see how it goes.

Comment

I was hoping that being post certified with experience that I would be able to go straight to the road. The website states that anyone post certified with 2 yrs experience can, with the sherrif's approval, go straight to the road. They do seem to have a lot of special units which makes them very appealing.

Comment

I work in canton we are city in Cherokee. We have 5 openings if you are interested. Cherokee SO is great department to. Organized, pretty big, good training, good county. Not to slow and not to busy.

Comment

They seem pretty squared away from what I've seen. I know they are the Highest paid Sherrifs Office on this side of Atlanta.

Comment

Originally posted by marauder85 View Post
            I was hoping that being post certified with experience that I would be able to go straight to the road. The website states that anyone post certified with 2 yrs experience can, with the sherrif's approval, go straight to the road. They do seem to have a lot of special units which makes them very appealing.
            i forgot you were current LE. i'd find out if the sheriff's approval is before you are hired or a wait/see approach

Comment

Originally posted by jannino View Post
              i forgot you were current LE. i'd find out if the sheriff's approval is before you are hired or a wait/see approach

Lol yea, that would be a good idea!

Comment

Yea from what I hear you usually do some time in the jail regardless. We just hired one of their former deputies a week or so ago. That was what he was saying the other day.

Comment

I was POST certified when I was hired there. I did 4 weeks in the ADC. then they cut me orders for the road. I did an abbreviated FTO of 6 weeks, and then released.

Comment

I could be way off, but the last time I checked, they started around 32k a year, which i find hard to believe is the highest paying S.O north of Atlanta. You will do around 3 years in the jail. They have the cleanest jail I have ever seen. If the pay doesn't bother you, I would go for it. I work for an S.O. closer to Atlanta. It pays a lot more, but we deal with more headaches guaranteed. I hear there are good people there.

Comment

With a bachelors the pay was looking more like 37k, and the only problem with working for an SO near Atlanta, is you'll never see the road, and anytime you get promoted you go back to the jail. At least that's what I was told when I had applied to cobb so a couple years back, thats what made me go with a pd. I can't work the jail, that place gives me the creeps, lol

Comment

anytime you get promoted you go back to the jail. At least that's what I was told when I had applied to cobb so a couple years back, thats what made me go with a pd.
                        That's interesting.. I didn't know that. Is there reasoning for that?

I know with Cobb PD if you are in detectives and get promoted, they put you back on patrol for awhile.

Comment

Talk to some Deputies off the record first. Word on the street is they are in a budget crisis! Guys I have talked to said that furlos are OTW, cutting paid holidays and tossing the idea around of the County no longer paying for Medical. This is just what I have heard from some Deputies. Moral is low. It is a good department and I belive it is all money related!!

Comment

Originally posted by jannino View Post
                            That's interesting.. I didn't know that. Is there reasoning for that?

I know with Cobb PD if you are in detectives and get promoted, they put you back on patrol for awhile.
                            When you get promoted you are assigned based on the needs of the agency. So if you made the CPL list, there is a chance you could go to the ADC, Courts, or where ever the Sheriff needs you. IME, there is knowledge of what vacancies exist, so candidates already know that the possibility exists that they could get promoted out of Patrol.

Comment

deleted ignore my post
                              Sign here. Press hard. You are making five copies.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2853 users online. 163 members and 2690 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X