300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Badged by a P.I.

In my 10 years of L.E. I have never been badged by a Private Investigator, until today. I checked him on radar at 91 in a 65 and pulled him over. On my initial approach he flashed his badge and then showed me his P.I. license. I just politely said ok and walked back to my car. When I returned with his citation he was beside himself that I had actually written him. Has anyone else ever had any dealings with them?

Sounds like a Joe Pesci type outta "Lethal Weapon".
    Getting shot hurts! Don't under estimate the power of live ammo. A .22LR can kill you! I personally feel that it's best to avoid being shot by any caliber. Your vest may stop the bullet, but you'll still get a nice bruise or other injury to remember the experience.

Comment

Wow, haven't had the pleasure, but I would have done the same thing, people these days flashing security badges, lol.
      "PALMAM QUI MERUIT FERAT"

Comment

Wow, I don't even flash mine when I get stopped. I've only been stopped once out of uniform and offered to get my insurance card from the glove box by saying 'Sir, I have my insurance card in my glove box if you want it, but just to let you know, I have my off-duty weapon in there also'. He said 'Off duty?' and asked if I was a LEO. I said yes and where after he asked, he gave me back my DL and said to have a good one. I know if's kind of a chode thing to do, mentioning my weapon, but I don't know of a none d-bag way of saying BTW, I'm a cop.
        Originally posted by Ceridwen
        Just one would be stingy of me, I'd have to get two. For the children.

Comment

Originally posted by MJhopeful-LEO View Post
          ...people these days flashing security badges, lol.
          The commuter rail line here rides area cops. A couple conductors have told me they've been tinned by security guards looking for a ride

Comment

^^^^^^^^^

Gotta be Yonkers LOL
            MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

I do, but not in the same aspect as you.

I was pulling an evening shift managing at one of my restaurants in Alpharetta. The hostess knocks on my office door with some guy standing next to her. She says this cop wants to talk to me. First thought in my head was which one of these moron waitresses served a kid alcohol.

The guy, in plain clothes, pulls out a badge wallet and quickly flips a star shaped shield that says private investigator. I looked. I responded that you are not a cop.. you have about 5 seconds to explain. He then proceeds to pull out some official looking court document calling it a blank subpoena and that he can do whatever he wants.

A little confused and curious, I ask what he wants. He states that he needs my video footage from so and so date because he needs to know if a guy was in here with his kids. He begins to ramble on that part of this guy's divorce agreement states that he can't take them anywhere alcohol is served.

I told him that I can't help him and that I'm calling the police. He storms off claiming that he will be back with a warrant and that I will be going to jail for refusing to abide by a court order.

The police came. I gave his description and vehicle info. I don't know if anything ever became of it.

Comment

Unfortunately for my profession it is a 40 hour class and a FBI check to get an individual license here in Louisiana. In Virginia it was little harder and more training with routine DCJS qualification if your insurance allowed you to carry. The state badge is a very small badge that does not look like a police shield. I would never expect any LEO to give me a brake on any thing. Our only protection is against stalking and harassment charges while on a contracted case.

Comment

I also have a contract to do backgrounds for a local dept and official ID and would just pull my DL from behind it and tell the officer it was just civilian ID and that I'm just a PI with a civilian contract and take the ticket. I also do not sub out or use other PI's anymore. I had one guy who started out ok until he showed up in a p71 with clear lights and racks. Fired on the spot. He lost his license and was arrested months later for impersonating (2yrs, one served). That's what happens when you badge someone down here...

Comment

Originally posted by dontknowwhy View Post
                    Wow, I don't even flash mine when I get stopped. I've only been stopped once out of uniform and offered to get my insurance card from the glove box by saying 'Sir, I have my insurance card in my glove box if you want it, but just to let you know, I have my off-duty weapon in there also'. He said 'Off duty?' and asked if I was a LEO. I said yes and where after he asked, he gave me back my DL and said to have a good one. I know if's kind of a chode thing to do, mentioning my weapon, but I don't know of a none d-bag way of saying BTW, I'm a cop.
                    I do something similar to this as well.
                    www.ShankAZombie.com

Comment

Originally posted by jannino View Post
                      I do, but not in the same aspect as you.

I was pulling an evening shift managing at one of my restaurants in Alpharetta. The hostess knocks on my office door with some guy standing next to her. She says this cop wants to talk to me. First thought in my head was which one of these moron waitresses served a kid alcohol.

The guy, in plain clothes, pulls out a badge wallet and quickly flips a star shaped shield that says private investigator. I looked. I responded that you are not a cop.. you have about 5 seconds to explain. He then proceeds to pull out some official looking court document calling it a blank subpoena and that he can do whatever he wants.

A little confused and curious, I ask what he wants. He states that he needs my video footage from so and so date because he needs to know if a guy was in here with his kids. He begins to ramble on that part of this guy's divorce agreement states that he can't take them anywhere alcohol is served.

I told him that I can't help him and that I'm calling the police. He storms off claiming that he will be back with a warrant and that I will be going to jail for refusing to abide by a court order.

The police came. I gave his description and vehicle info. I don't know if anything ever became of it.
                      What a goof!! I can bet you never heard from him again............
                      Judge me by the enemies I have made----Unknown

Comment

I have only come into contact with a PI once on a call, and he did try to overly inflate...

I've had numerous instances in which a security guard became a problem.

Comment

I once spoke to a P.I. regarding a missing kid that I'd locked up previously.....he was retired FBI and very humble. I did everything I could for him and made a good networking contact for the future.
                          Judge me by the enemies I have made----Unknown

Comment

He'll be even more ****ed when the superspeeder bills arrives in the mail.
                            Any views or opinions presented by this prenomen are solely those of a burlesque author and do not necessarily represent those of a LEA or caementum couturier.

nom de plume

This is the internet- take all information with a grain of salt. Such could be valid and true or could be typed just for playing devils advocate.

Comment

Originally posted by 3102 View Post
                              I've had numerous instances in which a security guard became a problem.
                              Yea.. they can be a handful. I've had to let quite a few go because they get a little comfortable with their "authority"

I remember I had this one guy working. I didn't really get to screen him for some reason.. it was a big event or another guy called in and he was just a reference or something like that. Anyways, I walk outside and see an old ford explorer parked out front on the curb. I ask one of my guys at the door and he tells me that he's one of the security guards and that he's homeland security. I go ask the guy and he gives me this spill about being homeland security and an emt with this special tag that lets him park in the front of any building. Um, ok... and you stopped doing all that just to come sit in a chair and make sure no one comes back in this exit?

He couldn't produce any government ID.. I already had a copy of his license. The best part... I go outside and look at the tag.. it's a regular freakin tag with a paramedic sticker put on it. And on top of that, he said he wasn't moving his car. Finally, a reminder that a part time officer will be arriving soon and that he will have the car towed brought him to his senses. I then politely told him that since he is already out there moving his car why doesn't he just drive it on home and never come back..

Rant over.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6176 users online. 345 members and 5831 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X