300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP SPO Elmer "Buddy" Christian, Athens-Clarke County Police

Earlier this week, Officer Christian was shot and killed by Jamie Hood while still sitting in his car. Officer Tony Howard was shot in the face and seriously wounded. He has since had surgery and is recovering. Friday night, March 25th, Hood was located in an apartment where he had hostages. Just before midnight, after demanding to surrender on live TV so he would not be hurt, he came out, hiding behind a female like the coward he is. Buddy will be laid to rest tomorrow, Sunday the 27th.

To all of you who worked with me and 500 other officers from countless agenices from all over Georgia and the United States, you are true professionals and I am humbled by your professionalism in the face of such sadness. It was an honor to work with you. To my team that did the foot patrols through AG, you guys rock. DPD and HCSO K9 teams your dogs are top knotch.

To the FBI, who replaced all of the local officers on the teams just minutes before he slithered out and put your own guys there, I think an explanation is in order.
    Gimme a Diablo sammich and a Dr. Pepper, and make it snappy - I'm in a gotd**n hurry!

R I P Brother. Praying the other hero makes a full recovery. We need you back on the line!! God Bless The Families during this time.

Comment

Growing up in the Athens area, this one hit too close to home. Buddy was as good as they come. It was a bittersweet sight on the 27th seeing not only the countless law enforcement personell but adding the thousands of Athenian's paying respects to one of their fallen finest.

I'm relieved to read that Howard has been discharged from Athens Regional. I hope he has a speedy recovery.

Stay safe out there guys, Buddy was number 50 this year.
      The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence...sigpic

Comment

I didn't know Buddy that well, but I have answered some calls with Tony. He is a first rate officer. Tony was released from the hospital yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by BigTrooper View Post
          To the FBI, who replaced all of the local officers on the teams just minutes before he slithered out and put your own guys there, I think an explanation is in order.
          Don't know if this is confirmed or not, but I heard a couple of the LTs in the squad room this weekend mention that one of Hood's requests was to surrender to the FBI and not local LE officers.

Comment

Originally posted by stiletto View Post
            Don't know if this is confirmed or not, but I heard a couple of the LTs in the squad room this weekend mention that one of Hood's requests was to surrender to the FBI and not local LE officers.
            I was not physically in a position on Friday to hear any of the negotiations. I can confirm that earlier in the week that there was an attempt to get word to him that it could be arranged for him to surrender to the feds and not the locals.

Comment

I know it's tough to have the lead and put in so much sweat and tears to have the suits jump in, but I can understand the logic behind it. I don't think that any line officer would act unprofessional and do something stupid, but do you think the brass and politicians didn't have that fear? Especially with it being televised... they had to eliminate the risk.

Once again, you guys did a great job. If anyone has pics from Officer Christian's memorial? And what about Officer Howard? I know he was released, but will he be able to return to duty? No one has ever specified the extent of his injuries

Comment

Here is a great link to the funeral. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztycX...eature=related . Our wives were good friends, so I was lucky enough to have met Buddy several times. Nice as they come.
                I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather, not like the people screaming in the back seat

Comment

Originally posted by jannino View Post
                  I know it's tough to have the lead and put in so much sweat and tears to have the suits jump in, but I can understand the logic behind it. I don't think that any line officer would act unprofessional and do something stupid, but do you think the brass and politicians didn't have that fear? Especially with it being televised... they had to eliminate the risk.

Once again, you guys did a great job. If anyone has pics from Officer Christian's memorial? And what about Officer Howard? I know he was released, but will he be able to return to duty? No one has ever specified the extent of his injuries
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztycX...embedded#at=23

That is a finished video set to music. Quite moving.
                  Gimme a Diablo sammich and a Dr. Pepper, and make it snappy - I'm in a gotd**n hurry!

Comment

It was the best I could find on YouTube. All my personal vids are from the drivers seat of my cruiser. The link has better photos of the things us officers didnt get to see due to the LARGE turnout of supporters. The EOW put me quickly into tears though as many other men and women who where there.
                    I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather, not like the people screaming in the back seat

Comment

Thanks for the videos. I forget to check youtube. For those who have clicked on the videos, they are a little different. So sad.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6422 users online. 367 members and 6055 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X