300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving to the Atl area- Places to love

Im moving to take a job in the atlanta area. Anyone know anywhere that lets officers live for free or half priced with a take home car in the area?

What department/agency will you be working for?

Comment

Your question doesn't make too much sense. Are you trying to say will the place reduce rent if you're parking your squad in their lot every night?

Yes, there are apartment complexes that offer reduced rent, but be careful because some departments don't allow it. Some complexes have been known to expect things in return...

Don't know of any places that will let you live for free and give you a car...

Comment

O im sorry I meant a place to live. I just noticed what the post said.

Comment

Shouldn't be hard - ask the agency your looking to get hired with.
          Any views or opinions presented by this prenomen are solely those of a burlesque author and do not necessarily represent those of a LEA or caementum couturier.

nom de plume

This is the internet- take all information with a grain of salt. Such could be valid and true or could be typed just for playing devils advocate.

Comment

there are lots of agencies around that give you a take home car and lots of apt complexes that let you live there for free or discount. youll have to handle noise complaints/lock the pool and clubhouse up/hand out notices but it could save you 800 a month. you just have to look around.
            Perseverate In Pugna

Comment

Not to hyjack the post, but kind of in the same vein. Lots of the people on here that are posting are from different states and will be moving into the Atlanta area if they are hired, so what are the places to stay away from as far as living?

I've been told if you have a family that you should live in the suburbs outside of ATL as it really isn't a family oriented city. Alpharetta, Roswell and Marietta have been suggested to me and to stay out of Norcross, Powder Springs and Acworth. Would love some local insight on this.
              JINX

Comment

Originally posted by liljinx View Post
                Not to hyjack the post, but kind of in the same vein. Lots of the people on here that are posting are from different states and will be moving into the Atlanta area if they are hired, so what are the places to stay away from as far as living?

I've been told if you have a family that you should live in the suburbs outside of ATL as it really isn't a family oriented city. Alpharetta, Roswell and Marietta have been suggested to me and to stay out of Norcross, Powder Springs and Acworth. Would love some local insight on this.

Dunwoody, Sandy Springs.....

Comment

Stockbrige all day. I found an amazing place before i got my curtosey spot here in atlanta. its called Southwind stockbridges. there was NO crime there whatsoever, and it was close to EVERYTHING. the 75, the 657. walmart and all kind of stores and food places. I had a 2bedroom/1 bath like 1300 squarefeet for like 700/month with NO POLICE DISCOUNT. i had absoultely no problems there. and going through the ATL police adadmeny it was perfect because you could just hop on the 675north(NEVER backed up) and then get off at the 285 at jonesboro and come up the back way. you'll never get stuck by that train coming from the other way. i also lived in a place called glenwood vista before i moved to the other place. its a little deeper into strockbrige, but was still nice (a lil more money though). I would deff say its safe to bring a family to stockbridge. and you dont fight as much traffic as you would trying to go NORTH on the 75 or 85 After u get outta work.

Comment

I like Marietta, Alpharetta, Roswell. Just need to understand how commute times can really be a hassle. So you want to live inside were you work. You don't want to live outside and commute in fighting traffic the whole way.

A three mile stretch on the wrong road at peak times could take 30+ minutes.

FYI - you have to claim the "free" apartment on your taxes. They often will sent you a IRS form
                    Any views or opinions presented by this prenomen are solely those of a burlesque author and do not necessarily represent those of a LEA or caementum couturier.

nom de plume

This is the internet- take all information with a grain of salt. Such could be valid and true or could be typed just for playing devils advocate.

Comment

Thanks guys! I'll look into those areas. Also just as a question, cause it seems odd to me that you'd get a discount or a free place to live, I'd be uncomfortable even asking, but besides claiming this on your taxes wouldn't you also have to live inside the city? Like an APD officer couldn't get free/discounted housing in say Duluth and lock the pool house or whatever it is they want you to do right?
                      JINX

Comment

Courtesty officer positions are both good and bad! They can save you a lot of money for a rookie officer, but most of them are in bad areas. Also, perps will sooner or later know what apartment you reside in, so don't be surprised to find your front door kicked in when you return home from work. They know you will have extra guns, ammo, etc. Better to live somewhere that you do not police in.

@ liljinx - Look into Douglas, Cobb, and Paulding counties. Alot of APD officers reside in Douglasville.
                        Last edited by TigerCoach; 11-12-2009, 11:04 AM.

Comment

Thanks Tiger. I think that was on the list actually of places I was looking at at one point, don't remember why it was taken off, but I'll put it back on.
                          JINX

Comment

Theres nothing wrong with Henry County.

Comment

towns and union counties are VERY RURAL and a long hump away from Atlanta.
                              Perseverate In Pugna

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4500 users online. 306 members and 4194 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X