300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NC transfer to GA

North Carolina's certification is BLET (basic law enforcement training) and I understand GA is under the POST certification. What do I need to do to transfer to a GA agency?

Specifically I'm interested in working for the Gainesville Police Department. Has anyone got any input on GPD? I've got 7 years of experience in NC but my wife is wanting to move closer to home which is near Gainesville.

Any thoughts would be helpful. Thanks

Glockman,

You will have to complete 200hrs of POST training in GA to lateral in. I do not know if GPD has A lateral program but they might. I have not really heard anything good or bad about GPD so can't help you there. You need to go to GA POST website and do some research on what is required for you. Good Luck!
    Former: K-9/Drug Interdiction Officer

Helicopter pilot "non-LE"

sigpic

Comment

www.gapost.org should provide you needed information.

Comment

Thanks. I found the form and I'm going to send it in. I'm still looking for information on Gainesville PD. Anyone that could tell me anything about the department I would love to know. Thanks

Comment

I heard only good things about Gainesville when I was in north GA. An officer(not a recruiter, a presenter) who came to talk to our academy class from GPD said he was really satisfied with his pay, benefits, superiors, and peers (i.e. everything) there...

It was my first choice when I was applying to jobs after graduating academy, but I was apparently one of 20-something POST certified candidates who applied for one opening, according to the recruiter. With your experience, you may have better luck, who knows. Good luck!
          I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin', and hook up with them later.

Comment

Ga Post Certification

Originally posted by FutureGSP View Post
            www.gapost.org should provide you needed information.

Iam also looking into a few Sheriff's Offices and to re-locate to the area.Looking at any agency that has a patrol division.I also realize I have to spend time in the jail before hitting the streets which is a good requirement.How do I become Patrol qualified thru GAPOST or is it thru the agency and what about the Classroom portion? ..any info would help please.Thank You

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5719 users online. 307 members and 5412 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X