300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Impact of New Mayor on Atlanta PD?

Just curious, any thoughts regarding what impacts the new mayor and administration will have on ATL PD? I know the election is tonight, and then potential runoff is Dec 1, but curious if anyone has any thoughts. Could it be a negative for the dept in any way?

It all depends on who wins and who they pick as the Police Chief. Could be better, could be worse, could just stay the same. I think everyone is hoping for better or a vast improvement. I know I am.

I'd like to see APD officers have enough cars and great equipment and be staffed well and get paid the way they should. But it's a difficult economy there is limited funds to be delegated to a broad range of areas.

And again while politicians may promise the world during campaign there is usually a long wait to see if they make good on their promises or were just blowing a lot of hot air.
    JINX

Comment

I think the main union for the APD endorsed Reed at one point... not sure if they still do or not...

I just want to see them hire more good officers... maybe throw them a few cars too....

Comment

Norwood ahead of Reed by about 5 points, but appears there will be a runoff on Dec 1st without the 50%. Should be interesting.....

Comment

Originally posted by jannino View Post
          I think the main union for the APD endorsed Reed at one point... not sure if they still do or not...

I just want to see them hire more good officers... maybe throw them a few cars too....
          Nah our main union is IBPO we endorsed Lisa Borders from the begining. Thats a big misconception of APD we have cars they are just really politacal with them. for instance we have over 10 cars in a certain zone that no one drives they just sit in certain location to "deter crime". Our fleet dept has lots of cars that just sit also.
          WELCOME TO ATLANTA CITY LIMITS>>>>RADIO I"LL BE CODE 7

Comment

Norwood won by 10%!!!

City Hall needs to keep the officers we already have by giving us our pay increments back which the Franklin administration took away. Norwood is the ONLY candidate that said that she would. Hiring more officers is not going to fix our retention problem.

Comment

Originally posted by TigerCoach View Post
              City Hall needs to keep the officers we already have by giving us our pay increments back which the Franklin administration took away. Norwood is the ONLY candidate that said that she would. Hiring more officers is not going to fix our retention problem.
              I agree. Have to focus on keeping what you currently have, or else the churn rate will just continue.

Comment

Norwood and Reed will have a run off race on December 1. No new mayor yet...

Comment

Originally posted by dixiebelle View Post
                  Norwood and Reed will have a run off race on December 1. No new mayor yet...
                  Yep. I'm not confident Norwood can win now unfortunately. It will all depend on turnout.

Comment

Less than 30% of the population showed up at the polls, and even less will vote for the runoff. Councilwoman Norwood is in great position to be our next mayor.

Comment

I'm not even there, but I've been keeping tabs on the election since it really does effect everyone who is going to be on the police force and changes that may or may not come to Atlanta. I have to admit I like what Norwood has to say vs. Reed, she makes lots of sense and she really seems to want to put Public Safety at the forefront and work on Retention issues.
                      JINX

Comment

post deleted
                        Last edited by flyer2007; 02-20-2010, 02:55 PM.

Comment

Norwood will win the runoff. She's got the money to keep the campaign going.

Comment

post deleted
                            Last edited by flyer2007; 02-20-2010, 02:56 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4624 users online. 269 members and 4355 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X