300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Henry County PD or Marietta PD

Looking at these agencies. I am graduating academy less than a month.

Does anyone have anything good or bad to say about either of these agencies?

Thanks
    Graduated Clayton Academy: Nov. 17,2009

Hired: Dec. 4, 2009

From what I have heard from many people, the Marietta PD is a really good department. I am fairly certain you can find info on them if you search the forums for them.

As for Henry County im not sure. I am aware they are hiring at the moment but thats about it. Grats on almost finishing up your cert. - I start mine early 2010.
    Graduate of Athens Regional Police Academy - 235th BLETC

Comment

Thanks DJ. I am def ready to get on the road. I bet you are looking forward to the academy as well. IS your 12 weeks? You pre service or hired on with an agency already?
      Graduated Clayton Academy: Nov. 17,2009

Hired: Dec. 4, 2009

Comment

Both are pretty good agencies. Might make alittle more money in Marietta.

Comment

Originally posted by austratman23 View Post
          Looking at these agencies. I am graduating academy less than a month.

Does anyone have anything good or bad to say about either of these agencies?

Thanks
          Marietta makes their rooks where mini badges for the first year, and the perps know are aware of this practice. Talk about a rough first year!
          "Would I ever leave this company? Look, I'm all about loyalty. In fact, I feel like part of what I'm being paid for here is my loyalty. But if there were somewhere else that valued loyalty more highly, I'm going wherever they value loyalty the most. " --Dwight K Schrute (The Office)

Comment

I have a good buddy that worked for MPD for a few years (he is now with someone else). He had a lot of good things to say, and I rode with him a few times. They also have pretty nice facilities. Just a heads up, you may want to start learning the addresses on Franklin Road now if you decide on Marietta.
            Gimme a Diablo sammich and a Dr. Pepper, and make it snappy - I'm in a gotd**n hurry!

Comment

Originally posted by miked6 View Post
              Marietta makes their rooks where mini badges for the first year, and the perps know are aware of this practice. Talk about a rough first year!
              As well as HCPD does the same and I dont see why this practice is done. I see it this way your a police officer like the rest why not be treated like an equal. Like Mike said perps know and are aware and will give you a rough time. I do know after your one year probation they hold a ceremony and give you your real badge at HCPD.

Comment

i put in for MPD and they seem to be way ahead of the other departments as far as technology HCPD is good thats where I live and they are pretty good as well take home cars if you live in the county.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4711 users online. 334 members and 4377 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X