300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lanier County S.O.

We're looking for a certified deputy that has some experience on the road. PM me and I'll go over details.

We are a small agency and don't have the resources to properly train someone right out of the academy. We are mainly looking for a deputy or officer that has a few years experience on the road. If interested I can discuss pay and other details via PM.
    Last edited by leesrt; 11-04-2009, 12:54 AM. Reason: changed
    Due to the Juvenile bickering and annoying trolling committed by members of this forum I have started an igore list. If your name is listed below I can't see you.

CityCopDC, Fire Moose, Carbonfiberfoot, Damiansolomon

That would be right up my alley if I was single, brother.

I looked up your county and wow, I would assume that anyone that applies would need to be a self-starter and be able to operate for extended periods alone.

You guys have a county jail or do you use a regional detention center?

In any case, good luck w/ the search. Wish I was closer.

Comment

Originally posted by 11b101abn View Post
      That would be right up my alley if I was single, brother.

I looked up your county and wow, I would assume that anyone that applies would need to be a self-starter and be able to operate for extended periods alone.

You guys have a county jail or do you use a regional detention center?

In any case, good luck w/ the search. Wish I was closer.
      Here's a breakdown of what we're looking for and how we are set up.

1. We work 12 hours shifts with every other weekend being a 3 day weekend. We carry a minimum of 2 deputies per shift and are working towards 3.
      We operate alone on basic calls and traffic stops unless we request assistance. Any call involving a search, arrest, fight, domestic, burglary, prowler, etc..., we send a minimum of 2 deputies. We have a relationship with our surrounding S.O.s and the DTF so we cover for each other. If it's a bad call the closest bordering S.O. will check with us and vice versa.

2. We have an active Sheriff who believes in Law Enforcement. You will not out work him and you will hear him at any time of the day or night working traffic stops.

3. He sends us to a lot of training on interdiction and drug recognition so we work traffic stops. We look for crime first and if needed write a ticket. No ticket nazis here.

4. GSP works our wrecks but things like vehicle vs. deer accidents we handle.

5. We pair up a few times a month and come in on our off time (for pay) to work highway interdiction on US-84 or one of the other rural highways that come through our county. When working interdiction we wear black polo shirts and black TDU pants.

6. If you are the self motivated type and like looking for crime and can apply the law sensibly you'll be happy here. If your the type that needs supervision and likes having people looking over your shoulder don't apply.

7. We are currently gifted by having a force with a lot of experience. The deputy with the least amount of experience had about 3 years road time before coming to our agency.

8. We have a small budget but our traffic citations and drug seizures make the difference.

9. We have a take home car program and currently have Crown Vic's and Chargers. We are transitioning to Chargers and our fleet is about half way there.

10. We do not have a jail so we process our arrest and a transport officer comes in and takes them to Lowndes County Jail.

11. We carry Glock 22 pistols, Tasers, Batons, Shotgun, and most of our deputies carry an issued patrol rifle (M16/M4). All uniforms and duty gear are issued. You buy your own boots.

12. Starting pay is $29,800. With overtime your over $30k.
      Last edited by leesrt; 10-24-2009, 02:20 AM.
      Due to the Juvenile bickering and annoying trolling committed by members of this forum I have started an igore list. If your name is listed below I can't see you.

Comment

Man this sounds like where I need to be!! Too bad I'll only be certified with no road experience...

Comment

Originally posted by wannabe2gonnabe
          I went to college in Valdosta and lived near the county line. Not a bad area, esp if you could take your car out of county and live in Val-vegas. Did you mean state route 84? The only interstate in that are is I-75 and I don't remember it going through Lanier, just Lowndes to Tift.
          My bad, it's US Highway 84. There's a State Route 84 up by Gwinnett County. We call it our interstate. It runs from the east coast to the west coast.

Comment

Originally posted by So Fla Cop
            $29,800? Is that a typo?
            No, no typo, the average pay in our area is $30k. Some are lower. Cost of living is half of what it is in South FL.

Comment

@leesrt - How are the extra jobs in south Georgia, or is overtime available?

Stay safe!

Comment

Originally posted by TigerCoach View Post
                @leesrt - How are the extra jobs in south Georgia, or is overtime available?

Stay safe!
                Its available. We're allowed to come in on our off time to work interdiction. This way we don't have worry about catching calls. We get paid for the extra hours as overtime once a quarter.

We also get off duty work with the school sports events.

Comment

Originally posted by leesrt View Post
                  My bad, it's US Highway 84. There's a State Route 84 up by Gwinnett County. We call it our interstate. It runs from the east coast to the west coast.
                  US 84 starts in Colorado...doesn't go close to the west coast
                  Perseverate In Pugna

Comment

Originally posted by Narco View Post
                    US 84 starts in Colorado...doesn't go close to the west coast
                    Your probably right. I only followed it as far as New Mexico. That's west coast enough for me.

Comment

How goes the hunt for new talent?

Comment

Originally posted by 11b101abn View Post
                        How goes the hunt for new talent?
                        We're still hunting.

Comment

Just a heads up, we have a few experienced applicants right now and should be hiring one of them.
                          Anyone who is still interested please drop off an application and we will keep it on file for the future.

Comment

Wow- would really like to come down there and do some interdiction work. Maybe someday.
                            Lets hold hands and sing "We are the world."

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2619 users online. 119 members and 2500 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X