300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Atlanta DQ?

Is there a possibility of being DQ'd because another agency failed your application at the Oral Interview?
    JINX

Generally no, but if another agency said no then I want to know why and will make some calls.

Comment

Thanks. Hubby's freaking out. He was DQ'd at Gwinnett during the oral interview, and they wouldn't let him know why but wished him well and said he could reapply in a year. They seemed impressed with his attitude and cool head during the interview but he must not have meshed well or something in the way he answered a question rubbed them wrong, we don't know so they DQ'd him.
      JINX

Comment

Well since he IS trying for Atlanta he has nothing to worry about.

Comment

Awww...is that another Atlanta Dig? Poor APD, no love.
          JINX

Comment

liljinx - I agree with DixieBelle. The BI will look into it, but I don't see a problem. I applied once for a State Trooper position and was told I was "too rigid" during the interview. I just laughed because they knew I was just discharged from the Marine Corps.

Any questions about APD shoot me a PM...

Comment

Thanks, you all are really helpful and informative. He's better now and got his BI all the info he needed same day. So hopefully this will keep him happy...LOL
              JINX

Comment

Maybe it's not so much that he was DQ'd, as that there were just more qualified applicants. Memphis PD is using a ranking system right now that is CRAZY! BTW does anybody know what the PAT will consist of. 20 pushups, 20 situps, and a step test was all I was told of.

Comment

jodyboy,
                  I took the PAT not to long ago and if memory serves what you were told is correct. You will do the medical and the PAT on the same day in the same place(a doctors office/clinic). The step test consists of stepping up and down onto a platform raised 12 inches off the ground for 5 mins keeping in cadence with a recording which tells you when to be up and when to be down (kind of tricky if you ask me lol). Good Luck

Comment

Anyone Dqed from the process?

Comment

Hows the process going for everyone?

Comment

Originally posted by Mazda62005 View Post
                        Hows the process going for everyone?
                        I think you may want to check/post in the Atlanta PD thread. A lot of people have posted how things are going for them with the APD.
                        "PALMAM QUI MERUIT FERAT"

Comment

Originally posted by liljinx View Post
                          Thanks. Hubby's freaking out. He was DQ'd at Gwinnett during the oral interview, and they wouldn't let him know why but wished him well and said he could reapply in a year. They seemed impressed with his attitude and cool head during the interview but he must not have meshed well or something in the way he answered a question rubbed them wrong, we don't know so they DQ'd him.
                          I would be careful about using the term "DQ." It usually means that something was found during the background investigation that suggests an applicant was were lacking in good moral character.

If hubby got bounced at the oral then he did not get DQed, he simply failed the oral. There is no dishonor in that. But, when he starts applying to other agencies and right off the bat tells them he was DQed when that's not the case, then he has needlessly shot himself in the foot with that agency.
                          Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Originally posted by L-1 View Post
                            I would be careful about using the term "DQ." It usually means that something was found during the background investigation that suggests an applicant was were lacking in good moral character.

If hubby got bounced at the oral then he did not get DQed, he simply failed the oral. There is no dishonor in that. But, when he starts applying to other agencies and right off the bat tells them he was DQed when that's not the case, then he has needlessly shot himself in the foot with that agency.

Thanks for the info. Thought Disqualified meant dropped from the running so to speak not that it had anything to do with Moral character. I'm learning new things every day
                            JINX

Comment

Originally posted by liljinx View Post
                              Thanks for the info. Thought Disqualified meant dropped from the running so to speak not that it had anything to do with Moral character. I'm learning new things every day
                              No, he's right on that. A DQ is a particular thing that was a no go issue, like a rescent charge for domestic violence.

Not getting sellected to go past the oral just means they narrowed down some choices and he just didn't say what they wanted to hear.

Not getting selected doesn't = DQ.
                              Due to the Juvenile bickering and annoying trolling committed by members of this forum I have started an igore list. If your name is listed below I can't see you.

CityCopDC, Fire Moose, Carbonfiberfoot, Damiansolomon

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5542 users online. 341 members and 5201 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X