Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• juicesnn4e2
    replied
    I was at court on tuesday and a fight broke out. me and 3 other ATLANTA officers seperated it. and then 5 mins later all these outta shape FCSO came running around looking like chickens with their head cut off. one FCSO put the parties into a room, and didn't inform ANYONE else, so everyone was running into courtrooms looking for fights, because of the lack of communication.

Leave a comment:

• nolo
    replied
    That sounds like FCSO to me. There are a few good people there but, if you have a choice at all, choose to go elsewhere

Leave a comment:

• Sackett
    replied
    I know that there are some decent employees at the SO, but down at the jail, the deputies do not get in any hurry. I have been at the desk trying to turn in paperwork while two deputies standing on the other side of the desk held a full conversation. They do not seem to care if you wait. Another time, I was really pushed for time and I was bringing in an arrest. The deputy was in the bathroom when I passed the gate house and I did not stop. A supervisor there said that the duputy got upset because I did not stop. I quote: "You did not stop at the gate house". "The deputy at the gate did not know if it was friend or foe coming in". I WAS IN A MARKED PATROL CAR FOR GOD'S SAKE!!!

Leave a comment:

• lifesagarden
    replied
    My friend that worked for Fulton S/O for 2 years said white employees have a very low chance of survival there due to poor race relations within the department. Plus he said the stories of shady/dirty/lazy deputies and poor training are very true. He said Fulton is basically where one goes when they can't get on with Atlanta PD or one wants a uniforrm but they don't want to work for it. I have personally arrested several Fulton S/O employees for traffic/DUI/drug and family violence charges - and most played the race card when arrested - AVOID THAT PLACE!!!

Leave a comment:

• 11b101abn
    replied
    Originally posted by alpha1906 View Post
    Is that unusual to you?
    Look at that SO. Now tell me that math has added up to the benefit of the dept.

You cant. If he recruiting was done out of the region or the ATL area, the agency would attract more persons of any ethnic background of higher character. The hiring pool in ATL is not all that deep or large.

The demographic that needs to be tapped is those exiting active duty both in state and out of state.

Leave a comment:

• the1fromgeorgia
    replied
    Why should it be usual to me?

Leave a comment:

• alpha1906
    replied
    Originally posted by the1fromgeorgia View Post
    I didnt want to bring this up but what the heck. I did notice that out of the 80-100 people that were invited to the job fair only 2 were white and 1 was asian everyone else was black, can anyone explain that?
    Is that unusual to you?

Leave a comment:

• nolo
    replied
    You know, I see the point that you are trying to make. And it is valid.

However, one decent person in a cesspool of laziness and mediocrity is not likely to clean up the cesspool... he/she is far more likely to wind up disillusioned, disgusted and, often, as dirty as his/her colleagues. FCSO is such a mess that it can only be fixed from the top down and that will take a while.

I think they all attend the Fulton County Public Safety Training Center... and I wouldn't recommend citing MARTA Police as a model of a functioning LE agency, either.

As for your other point, that sort of mirrors the current racial makeup of the agency.

Leave a comment:

• the1fromgeorgia
    replied
    I didnt want to bring this up but what the heck. I did notice that out of the 80-100 people that were invited to the job fair only 2 were white and 1 was asian everyone else was black, can anyone explain that?

Leave a comment:

• the1fromgeorgia
    replied
    Originally posted by nolo View Post
    Although Ted Jackson may be cleaning up this agency, I would not recommend joining FCSO. 11b said it more nicely, but I am consistently disgusted by the low standards demonstrated by FCSO in courthouse security, inmate transport and jail operations. Seriously. The department seems to be dominated by fat, lazy old-skule civil servant-types who never met a menial task that they couldn't screw up.

And, from what I understand, its difficult to lateral out of FCSO because of their lousy reputation and poor training/ standards.

Just my $0.02.
    Not downing what you are saying but wouldnt that be more of a reason for good people to join? Also dont they attend the same academy that Marta, Fulton Co PD and other departments attend?

Leave a comment:

• nolo
    replied
    Although Ted Jackson may be cleaning up this agency, I would not recommend joining FCSO. 11b said it more nicely, but I am consistently disgusted by the low standards demonstrated by FCSO in courthouse security, inmate transport and jail operations. Seriously. The department seems to be dominated by fat, lazy old-skule civil servant-types who never met a menial task that they couldn't screw up.

And, from what I understand, its difficult to lateral out of FCSO because of their lousy reputation and poor training/ standards.

Just my $0.02.

Leave a comment:

• the1fromgeorgia
    replied
    Job fair was cool, turned in our background packets and had our first interview.

Leave a comment:

• alienbow
    replied
    I filled out the online application.

Leave a comment:

• Mulligan_atl
    replied
    Originally posted by alienbow View Post
    Do you guys know if you can send your high school diploma and college diploma instead of the transcripts? I have the original of both and it would save time if I could send those. Most departments will let you do that instead of the transcripts.
    Did you get a background packet from the SO or did you just fill out an online application from the county? I think all you need is listed below. I do not see transcripts anywhere.

1. Background investigation booklet
    2. Original, or certified copy, of the birth certificate or naturalization
    papers
    3. Original high school diploma or GED certificate
    4. Original college diploma
    5. Valid Georgia driver’s license
    6. Original Social Security card
    7. Original, or certified copy, of the marriage certificate
    8. Original long form of the military DD214, member 4 copy
    9. Court documents of any bankruptcy, lawsuits, arrests, and criminal
    dispositions
    10. Credit report- Equifax 1(800)882-0648, Trans-union (404)612-2500, or
    TRW
    Last edited by Mulligan_atl; 10-14-2009, 04:47 PM. Reason: My perogative!!

Leave a comment:

• dixiebelle
    replied
    Originally posted by alienbow View Post
    Do you guys know if you can send your high school diploma and college diploma instead of the transcripts? I have the original of both and it would save time if I could send those. Most departments will let you do that instead of the transcripts.
    That is a question for someone within the department.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3153 users online. 179 members and 2974 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X