• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Narco View Post
    FCSO is a joke
    I like it.... =)

Comment

Do you guys know if you can send your high school diploma and college diploma instead of the transcripts? I have the original of both and it would save time if I could send those. Most departments will let you do that instead of the transcripts.
      www.amyandwandasrants.blogspot.com

Comment

I took my high school diploma but I had college transcripts. Not sure what college you went to but you should be able to print your transcripts off of their website. Are you going to the invite only job fair thursday?

Comment

I know a guy that worked for Fulton S/O for about 2 years..he said he would rather be married to his ex-wife than to be working there, and thats bad.
          Lets hold hands and sing "We are the world."

Comment

Originally posted by lifesagarden View Post
            I know a guy that worked for Fulton S/O for about 2 years..he said he would rather be married to his ex-wife than to be working there, and thats bad.
            I dont know his Ex wife (I dont think) but that does sound pretty bad.

Comment

Originally posted by alienbow View Post
              Do you guys know if you can send your high school diploma and college diploma instead of the transcripts? I have the original of both and it would save time if I could send those. Most departments will let you do that instead of the transcripts.
              That is a question for someone within the department.

Comment

Originally posted by alienbow View Post
                Did you get a background packet from the SO or did you just fill out an online application from the county? I think all you need is listed below. I do not see transcripts anywhere.

1. Background investigation booklet
                2. Original, or certified copy, of the birth certificate or naturalization
                papers
                3. Original high school diploma or GED certificate
                4. Original college diploma
                5. Valid Georgia driver’s license
                6. Original Social Security card
                7. Original, or certified copy, of the marriage certificate
                8. Original long form of the military DD214, member 4 copy
                9. Court documents of any bankruptcy, lawsuits, arrests, and criminal
                dispositions
                10. Credit report- Equifax 1(800)882-0648, Trans-union (404)612-2500, or
                TRW
                Last edited by Mulligan_atl; 10-14-2009, 04:47 PM. Reason: My perogative!!

Comment

I filled out the online application.
                  www.amyandwandasrants.blogspot.com

Comment

Job fair was cool, turned in our background packets and had our first interview.

Comment

Although Ted Jackson may be cleaning up this agency, I would not recommend joining FCSO. 11b said it more nicely, but I am consistently disgusted by the low standards demonstrated by FCSO in courthouse security, inmate transport and jail operations. Seriously. The department seems to be dominated by fat, lazy old-skule civil servant-types who never met a menial task that they couldn't screw up.

And, from what I understand, its difficult to lateral out of FCSO because of their lousy reputation and poor training/ standards.

Just my $0.02.

Comment

Originally posted by nolo View Post
                        Although Ted Jackson may be cleaning up this agency, I would not recommend joining FCSO. 11b said it more nicely, but I am consistently disgusted by the low standards demonstrated by FCSO in courthouse security, inmate transport and jail operations. Seriously. The department seems to be dominated by fat, lazy old-skule civil servant-types who never met a menial task that they couldn't screw up.

And, from what I understand, its difficult to lateral out of FCSO because of their lousy reputation and poor training/ standards.

Just my $0.02.
                        Not downing what you are saying but wouldnt that be more of a reason for good people to join? Also dont they attend the same academy that Marta, Fulton Co PD and other departments attend?

Comment

I didnt want to bring this up but what the heck. I did notice that out of the 80-100 people that were invited to the job fair only 2 were white and 1 was asian everyone else was black, can anyone explain that?

Comment

You know, I see the point that you are trying to make. And it is valid.

However, one decent person in a cesspool of laziness and mediocrity is not likely to clean up the cesspool... he/she is far more likely to wind up disillusioned, disgusted and, often, as dirty as his/her colleagues. FCSO is such a mess that it can only be fixed from the top down and that will take a while.

I think they all attend the Fulton County Public Safety Training Center... and I wouldn't recommend citing MARTA Police as a model of a functioning LE agency, either.

As for your other point, that sort of mirrors the current racial makeup of the agency.

Comment

Originally posted by the1fromgeorgia View Post
                              I didnt want to bring this up but what the heck. I did notice that out of the 80-100 people that were invited to the job fair only 2 were white and 1 was asian everyone else was black, can anyone explain that?
                              Is that unusual to you?

Comment

Why should it be usual to me?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5728 users online. 316 members and 5412 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X