300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Academy Choices

So I think Im going pay to put my self through the academy to become GA Post Certified. My Choices are

1. Fulton County Public Safety Traning Center ( College Park)
    2. Clayton Regional Law Enforcement Academy ( Jonesboro)

Which one is the best?

I HEAR that Clayton Co is supposed to be the best and most respected and I HEAR that Fulton Co is the easiest. I say that I HEAR these things because I have attened neither of them and all the info I have is second hand info. I have applied to go through Fulton Co in preservice and am waiting on an interview and I am in the hiring process with Clayton Co. so whoever calls first is where I will be. (I also HEAR that Clayton Co offers a night time class)

Comment

Thanks alot.

Comment

Unless my boss comes back with the OK for day classes, I may have to go the night route too. It will be kind of interesting to see how I get around traveling for 6 months instead of just 10 weeks. Does anyone know (I'm going to call today) if the POST(P2) form is good at any academy? This includes the Reinhardt private academy.

Thanks,

Comment

which academy holds nights classes?

Comment

Originally posted by Mazda62005 View Post
            which academy holds nights classes?
            I HEARD that Clayton Co holds a night academy and I think I read somewhere that Athens Clarke Co had a night class.

Comment

The P2 is god for all academies in the state including Private Colleges (Reinhardt) and tech schools. Reinhardt College in Alpharetta will begin the next night class January 5th and will offer several night/weekend classes per year

Comment

Originally posted by k9bronco View Post
                The P2 is god for all academies in the state including Private Colleges (Reinhardt) and tech schools. Reinhardt College in Alpharetta will begin the next night class January 5th and will offer several night/weekend classes per year
                Thanks K9,

I'm hoping to hear something soon on my schedule. How fast is the January class filling up?

Comment

Originally posted by the1fromgeorgia View Post
                  I HEARD that Clayton Co holds a night academy and I think I read somewhere that Athens Clarke Co had a night class.
                  I know Clayton does, however, when I called, she said they "may" hold another night class next July. Athens doesn't have night classes.

Comment

I am in the Clayton Academy night class and am graduating in a month. If you have any questions feel free to pm me or give me a call...678-416-7631
                    Blake
                    Graduated Clayton Academy: Nov. 17,2009

Hired: Dec. 4, 2009

Comment

Originally posted by Forensicdude View Post
                      Athens doesn't have night classes.
                      Quite - though I kind of wish they did.
                      Graduate of Athens Regional Police Academy - 235th BLETC

Comment

Originally posted by FutureRecruit86 View Post
                        So I think Im going pay to put my self through the academy to become GA Post Certified. My Choices are

1. Fulton County Public Safety Traning Center ( College Park)
                        2. Clayton Regional Law Enforcement Academy ( Jonesboro)

Which one is the best?

Sorry for the hijack FutureRecruit86, back to your question.

Originally posted by austratman23
                        I am in the Clayton Academy night class and am graduating in a month. If you have any questions feel free to pm me or give me a call...678-416-7631
                        Blake

Comment

I thought that there was a nother academy in Georgia that had a night academy other than Clayton maybe I made it up in my mind.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3378 users online. 248 members and 3130 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X