300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the1fromgeorgia View Post
    You dont have the manpower to handle what you already have. My best friend and several of my other friends work for APD (I went through half of the APD academy 10 years ago and keep in touch with a lot of people who I went through with) I live in Zone 1 and get 1 hour response times from the police when the people from the other neighborhoods (bankhead and the bluff) decide to come over to my nice subdivision and cause trouble. I never pay attention to what the media says. Also the media tells about all the people that you all are hiring but not all the people who are leaving the department, so I figure if you hire 200 officers by the end of the year you are really just replacing the ones who have left. So I stand by my statement that you all can't handle what you already have, not a bash on the officers you just dont have the manpower. I also don't listen to statistics either, not sure how long you have been on but APD has a repretation for misclassifying crimes to make the city look better than it actually is.
    I'm pretty much gonna go with ask and ye shall receive...I answer calls every day from airheads who buy 200-300k houses in new subdivisions in high crime areas of Atlanta

NEWSFLASH..The reason that 3500 sq. ft., 6 bedroom house in that new subdivision off of Bolton Rd is priced at $180,000...is b/c it's on BOLTON RD

"Yeah officer, I see all those thugs with their pants around their ankles, and I hear sirens/gunshots everyday, and I see the prostitutes and the drug houses...but..but..something told me this was a good spot for my Yanni-listening, Honda Odyssey-driving, Brooks Brothers-wearing family to live"
    Last edited by JYoung; 10-02-2009, 01:57 AM. Reason: *note...I am not in any way saying I don't like Yanni...and wtf is a "repretation"

Comment

Originally posted by jannino View Post
      Best way to solve this problem is to dissolve fulton co PD and not let the SO on the roads
      wouldnt it be easier just to put everyone on the same digital system. Why dissolve an entire department when you could just update their radio equipment?

btw,why are they still on Analog? Thats an issue the higher ups need to hash out

Comment

Originally posted by the1fromgeorgia View Post
        You dont have the manpower to handle what you already have. My best friend and several of my other friends work for APD (I went through half of the APD academy 10 years ago and keep in touch with a lot of people who I went through with) I live in Zone 1 and get 1 hour response times from the police when the people from the other neighborhoods (bankhead and the bluff) decide to come over to my nice subdivision and cause trouble. I never pay attention to what the media says. Also the media tells about all the people that you all are hiring but not all the people who are leaving the department, so I figure if you hire 200 officers by the end of the year you are really just replacing the ones who have left. So I stand by my statement that you all can't handle what you already have, not a bash on the officers you just dont have the manpower. I also don't listen to statistics either, not sure how long you have been on but APD has a repretation for misclassifying crimes to make the city look better than it actually is.

I also live in zone one and Ihave great responce time from the APD.I really appreciate them and they are all always helpfu lto me and my family.

btw I love how folks stereotype bankhead and Bolton as if these are the wrost neighborhoods in the city.

Comment

My subdivision is about 2 miles from Bolton. I am glad you get great response time but I don't. I also appreciate the job that the Zone 1 officers do and think that the problem is a manpower and management issue. And Bankhead is one of the worst neighborhoods in the city. I can't speak for Bolton Road because I have never seen anything criminal happening on Bolton Road. None of the guys that I know who work for APD live in the city because of the crime issues.

Comment

alpha1906 - Thank you for your comments! Two years ago, Zone One led the city with the highest crime rate, but last year we had the greatest reduction in crime and are currently leading all the other zones (-22%).

the1fromgeorgia - The reason most officers do not live in the city is because we are targets. They know we carry guns, bulletproof vests, and other equipment in our vehicles so they are constantly being broken into. That is why I tell officers not to put the blue line stickers on their vehicles or keep their equipment in their vehicles. Other reasons I do not live in the city is because of the public school system and high property tax rates.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2570 users online. 118 members and 2452 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X