Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what do you guys think?

Hey guys,

I am a former military Infantry guy and new to the forums. I am thinking about building out a 20,000 sf indoor shoot house that utilizes simunitions and modular walls for law enforcment to use for force on force training. i know there are other training sites like this but i thought it would be good for the Georgia area LEO's to have a place to practice on a regular basis. What i would like to know is, are there enough Officers in the Ga area that like this type of training and would actually come out and utilize it?

Im not really sure about the answer, sounds like a cool idea but -

You may want to be a little more specific about what area you are talking about within Georgia. I know you would be probably go broke if you set up shop around here.
    Graduate of Athens Regional Police Academy - 235th BLETC

Comment

I was thinking around the atlanta/gwinnett area.

Comment

Sound like a great idea but you are going to run into a lot of politics to get this done.
        THERE IS NO GREATER GIFT,THAN FOR ONE MAN TO LAY HIS LIFE DOWN FOR ANOTHER.

Comment

Would this be paid for by the agencies or the officer?

Your best bet would be to work with local govt's and use empty/old schools, hospitals, factories. But my overall guess is its a small % of officers that would take the time and money to hone this skill even less if they had to pay for it themselves.
          Any views or opinions presented by this prenomen are solely those of a burlesque author and do not necessarily represent those of a LEA or caementum couturier.

nom de plume

This is the internet- take all information with a grain of salt. Such could be valid and true or could be typed just for playing devils advocate.

Comment

Have you cost something like this out?

Simunitions are licensed and they're pretty strict about people suing their product.

Would you install the conversion kits on the officer's gun or would you have plenty of guns already configured?

You would be catering to a small market also because simunitions company forbids you to let non leo/military use the product...

Would you be hosting large agencies or is this just come and shoot set up?

The guy above had a great point... I think the point of LE related simunitions is to make it as realistic as possible so real world locations sure beats a bunch of walls....

If you want to attract LE agencies I would highly suggest you partnering up with someone who has tactical LE and training experience...

When it comes to investing money during this economic time I think it's best not to try a start up but rather take advantage of struggling businesses... there are amazing deals to be found, you just gotta look...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4171 users online. 200 members and 3971 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X