300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RE: Atlanta CVSA

I have an embarrasing admission to come forth with on here with my Atlanta PD application. Whenver I originally filled out the packet and sent it in I checked as never having done baisically anything wrong. But then today before I took the CVSA they gave me another questionare to fill out and I kinda freaked so I admitted to driving under the influence once in my life, and three years ago when I worked at QT I ate food products without paying for them on occasion. I passed the CVSA fine, although the first time around I failed the have you ever smoked pot and I haven't and I passed that one the second go round. But my question was will I be DQ'd because my answers were different on my application compared to my admissin on the questionare that I filled out today? I feel really stupid for not being upfront, now after the fact. I guess I'll just make sure that I'm completely honest on the rest of my applications that I'm filling out. Any comments are appreciated.

I don't think it will matter that you changed your answers! That is why he went over making sure you told them everything before you took the CVSA and you did. He/She reviewed the questionaire right? They told me they were looking for progress as far as the things that you had done wrong did you grow up in other words. As far as the actions that you spoke of that could or may not disqualify you. Mazda2009 on the forum said at Dekalb County that he had recieved a conditional offer of employment, but then the Police Chief looked at the application again and didn't like his traffic record/debt ratio. So I'm not sure why he made it so far into the process. Anyway best of luck!

Comment

Originally posted by HydroATL View Post
      I don't think it will matter that you changed your answers! That is why he went over making sure you told them everything before you took the CVSA and you did. He/She reviewed the questionaire right? They told me they were looking for progress as far as the things that you had done wrong did you grow up in other words. As far as the actions that you spoke of that could or may not disqualify you. Mazda2009 on the forum said at Dekalb County that he had recieved a conditional offer of employment, but then the Police Chief looked at the application again and didn't like his traffic record/debt ratio. So I'm not sure why he made it so far into the process. Anyway best of luck!
      just reponding to your response hydro, I felt the same way when i was turned down with dekalb. To be told my profile was approved then at the last min i was turned down by the chief kinda hurt but again he just became Chief so maybe he wants to start off kinda tough.. In my experience it never looks good to change ur answers ever, if you say one thing stick with it because they might take that as you being dishonest

Comment

Yes I agree that it definitely does not look good on my part, it was a pretty stupid thing to do. But I guess only time will tell whether or not they drop me out of the process, I'll be sure to be straightforward with other departments. As far as my "transgressions" they were about three years ago in 2006, do ya'll think that my QT incident may continue to hinder me in the future with being hired possibly? I am completing my 4 year degree in CJ this semester and I would hate to have to continue fretting over this one thing for the rest of my potential career.

Comment

As a former polygraph examiner and recruiting officer, I would recommend that you NEVER leave anything off your background packet. We are not looking for saints. Anything you have done wrong, you need to list. With my agency, you would have been shown the door when you admitted to the DUI and it wasn't listed on the background packet. We understand that people screw up, but we are looking for the folks that realized they screwed up and changed for the better and admitted it to us.
          We will not hire anyone you has ever used felony drugs and your last pot usage has to be at least 5 years previous.

Comment

I never did drugs, and I never got a DUI, the question was have I ever driven a vehicle and IF pulled over could have been arrested for a DUI. I assume it is quite possible I could have driven and blew a .09 just over the limit and that would have given me a DUI, but I've never received a DUI.

Comment

You should have answered yes. For what it is worth, the CVSA is an electronic bluff. It is no better than a coin toss. They are illegal here in Alabama, even though the AG will not order departments to stop using them.
              Next time, lay it all out, warts and all so that you will not one oversight when you do that second questionnaire. Why do you think they have you do a second one? Because if you can't look at the original and you lied or omitted something(s) you will probably not list everything.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4164 users online. 208 members and 3956 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X