Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Expungement

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Expungement

    If you have something expunged off your record like a traffic citation or arrest, would you still have to include on a Police Background Application?

  • #2
    LOL, you show you are a paralegal. Did you receive any classes that covered say.......................Ethics?
    "a band is blowing Dixie double four time You feel alright when you hear the music ring"


    The real deal

    Outshined Pujulesfan Bearcat Chitowndet Sgt Slaughter jthorpe M-11 Lt Borelli L-1Sgt CHP Nikk Smurf Presence1 IcecoldblueyesKimble LADEP ateamer ChiCity R.A.B. Jenners IrishMetal GoldBadge willowdared Monkeybomb PhilipCal pullicords Chit2001 Garbageman Narco CruiserClass Fuzz 10-42Trooper Tex4720 irishlad2nv bajakirch OnThe gurmpyirishmanNYIlliniSgtScott31 CityCopDCcgh6366 FJDave

    Comment


    • #3
      haha no all about disclosing but technically by law you dont have to..right?

      Comment


      • #4
        I think that you were looking to apply to APD if so per the application questionaire even if it was expunged you were still arrested.

        6.
        Have you EVER been physically arrested or given a copy of charges for
        violation of any city, municipal, state, or federal law?
        7.
        Have you EVER appeared in any court (including juvenile) as a defendant to
        answer any city, municipal, state, or federal criminal charge? If so, give the
        court in which you appeared and the disposition of the case (i.e. conviction,
        First Offenders, charges dismissed, etc).
        8.
        Have you EVER been detained by any law enforcement representative, been
        the subject of any criminal investigation, or been named as the accused on a
        warrant? If “yes”, explain in detail.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by the1fromgeorgia View Post
          I think that you were looking to apply to APD if so per the application questionaire even if it was expunged you were still arrested.

          6.
          Have you EVER been physically arrested or given a copy of charges for
          violation of any city, municipal, state, or federal law?
          7.
          Have you EVER appeared in any court (including juvenile) as a defendant to
          answer any city, municipal, state, or federal criminal charge? If so, give the
          court in which you appeared and the disposition of the case (i.e. conviction,
          First Offenders, charges dismissed, etc).
          8.
          Have you EVER been detained by any law enforcement representative, been
          the subject of any criminal investigation, or been named as the accused on a
          warrant? If “yes”, explain in detail.
          you KNOW people don't read those things, they get on a cop forum and ask stupid questions instead...
          It's not the will to win that matters...everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters.
          Paul "Bear" Bryant

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by oneoldcop View Post
            you KNOW people don't read those things, they get on a cop forum and ask stupid questions instead...
            Gee he use two terms of avoidance

            Mazda62005 haha no all about disclosing but technically by law you dont have to..right?
            Sounds like you would be better off as a Lawyer where you can split hairs and argue subtle distinctions
            "a band is blowing Dixie double four time You feel alright when you hear the music ring"


            The real deal

            Outshined Pujulesfan Bearcat Chitowndet Sgt Slaughter jthorpe M-11 Lt Borelli L-1Sgt CHP Nikk Smurf Presence1 IcecoldblueyesKimble LADEP ateamer ChiCity R.A.B. Jenners IrishMetal GoldBadge willowdared Monkeybomb PhilipCal pullicords Chit2001 Garbageman Narco CruiserClass Fuzz 10-42Trooper Tex4720 irishlad2nv bajakirch OnThe gurmpyirishmanNYIlliniSgtScott31 CityCopDCcgh6366 FJDave

            Comment


            • #7
              it all depends on what "it" is...
              It's not the will to win that matters...everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters.
              Paul "Bear" Bryant

              Comment


              • #8
                no guys i'm about disclosing everything, i was arrested years back for driving with an expired license that i forgot to renew,court threw it out once i showed them i had renewed my license.. i've applied with agencies in the past and disclosed this info to them so plz don't start the speculation.. I was just asking a question to the forum on how expunges are viewed..

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Mazda62005 View Post
                  If you have something expunged off your record like a traffic citation or arrest, would you still have to include on a Police Background Application?
                  YES

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    no you dont have to report it and they can not find any record of it

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Yes. Well I disclosed my traffic citation that the judge threw out! Damn Semi-drivers/ I-285.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Most applications ask if you have been arrested or detained. So even if it was thrown out, expunged, dropped etc you would still have to disclose the FACT that you were arrested.

                        Comment

                        MR300x250 Tablet

                        Collapse

                        What's Going On

                        Collapse

                        There are currently 3846 users online. 197 members and 3649 guests.

                        Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

                        Welcome Ad

                        Collapse
                        Working...
                        X