Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nsmith21137
    replied
    People continue to state that northern officers get payed alot more than we are down here, but I just can't imagine their pay actually equating to the pay here in GA with the differences in cost of living, and not to mention all the medical bills you would be racking up after pulling your hair out at the end of every day when you realize just how blue the state is that your living in. I work with a former New Jersey Sherrifs Officer and he moved to GA to be an officer he says because theres less political union business and the pay is about the same anyways. The top out pay for like Cobb county police is
    66K and I think I would rather be making that here in GA than 70K all the way up in Columbus Ohio, where housing has got to be way more expensive. All I'm saying is no matter what way you cut the pie all the slices come out to the same size it seems like to me.

Leave a comment:

• DJKAHUNA
    replied
    Originally posted by wannabe2gonnabe
    Big difference in BPD and GCPD, DJ. GCPD has the better funding, but the city is where you want to work if you like getting into stuff and have fun doing it. Lt's and down are awesome (something else can be said about the upper ranks), but eveyone knows your name and takes care of you.
    You are right. I stand corrected. After looking at every webpage of every city and county on the map you get a bit meshed together. lol.

Leave a comment:

• kilroy1983
    replied
    When you say "they" .... and then list all the specialities... do you mean Savannah or GC? It's still a monday and I'm a little confused.

Leave a comment:

• alpha1906
    replied
    Garden City is over by the airport isnt it?

Leave a comment:

• kilroy1983
    replied
    Does GCPD have any type of special training or would that be better suited for SCMPD? I have thought about both depts. I've heard that GCPD is just a little savannah...same types of crime without the upper dept politics.

Leave a comment:

• DJKAHUNA
    replied
    Originally posted by icehockychick View Post
    I would take a look at Brunswick PD
    Just make sure that if you have a degree it is CJ related. lol.

Leave a comment:

• icehockychick
    replied
    I work for SCMPD... not sure what you want to know, but send some specific questions and I'll help you out. Overall, I love working in savannah. I think LEO pay is crap in Georgia in general, but 32k will be fine for the area unless you have an assload of debt. Apartments hover around 500-700 dollars for one bedroom in the area. The department is a nice size, not too big, not too small. The crime in the city will get you plenty of experiance in a short period of time. Like the previous post, I would take a look at Brunswick PD and Kingsland PD... both good outfits that pay a little less, but give you the added perks of a take home car, shotguns, assault rifles, etc.

Leave a comment:

• lifesagarden
    replied
    Unless you plan on living in a beach house, or have a high maintenance spouse/friend, you should have no problems surviving on what they pay. They deal with pretty much the same stuff Atlanta PD does except on a smaller scale. Those not from the area only see the "nice" tourist locations. no one ever notices the high number of low income neighborhoods, ghettos (not that I have a problem with ghettos), sleazy bars, drugs, crime and liberal police upper management that is hesitant to support the rank and file officer. Not a bad place to work, but unless your heart is set on that area I would strongly suggest you consider some of the agencies south of there along the coast. Less politics, better working conditions and some offer better pay. If you want plenty of action along the coast Savannah is probably the best place to be.

Leave a comment:

• nsmith21137
    started a topic RE: Savannah PD

RE: Savannah PD

I saw Savannah Police Department is hiring, does anybody know much about the department? Is it a good department to work for, and is starting at 32K a year actually manageble to live out there near the coast? I have no idea what the cost of living is out there compared to here in Atlanta. I saw the department has 600 sworn officers so it seems like it would be a good sized department with room for progression. Anybody know how many officers they are planning on hiring or when the academy might be?

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4368 users online. 232 members and 4136 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X