• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JCaves
    replied
    Originally posted by GeorgiaLaw View Post
    In order for you to get back into LE you need to do the following:

1)
    You have to admit to the agency that you are trying to get on with that you made a poor decision in allowing yourself to be baited into a confrontation with an inmate and that you understand that this was unacceptable conduct.

2)
    You have to remind them that this incident occurred when you were 19 y/o ! I can't speak for anyone else around here but I certainly had no business supervising inmates at 19 y/o.

Hiring 18 and 19 y/o jailers is a recipe for disaster (no disrespect intended)

3)
    Push the fact that since this incident has occurred you have done the following: been promoted to a supervisory position with your current employer.

I think that your best shot will be with a smaller county SO. You need someone that is willing to give you a chance. If you get that chance don't f'in blow it. It will likely be your last.

OR

Go get yourself certified and I can almost guarantee that there are agencies that will give you a shot.

Good Luck
    Oh I agree with you %100. I looked into possibly putting myself through mandate school, but after looking at it financially, I couldn't afford it with my finances at this point.

Oh, and no disrespect taken!

Leave a comment:

• GeorgiaLaw
    replied
    Originally posted by JCaves View Post
    In order for you to get back into LE you need to do the following:

1)
    You have to admit to the agency that you are trying to get on with that you made a poor decision in allowing yourself to be baited into a confrontation with an inmate and that you understand that this was unacceptable conduct.

2)
    You have to remind them that this incident occurred when you were 19 y/o ! I can't speak for anyone else around here but I certainly had no business supervising inmates at 19 y/o.

Hiring 18 and 19 y/o jailers is a recipe for disaster (no disrespect intended)

3)
    Push the fact that since this incident has occurred you have done the following: been promoted to a supervisory position with your current employer.

I think that your best shot will be with a smaller county SO. You need someone that is willing to give you a chance. If you get that chance don't f'in blow it. It will likely be your last.

OR

Go get yourself certified and I can almost guarantee that there are agencies that will give you a shot.

Good Luck

Leave a comment:

• JCaves
    replied
    Jcaves said:

How old were you when this incident occurred?

Leave a comment:

• sealteam
    replied
    Jcaves said:

"In 2007 I worked for a Sheriff's Office just North of Atlanta. I worked there for 11 months. One day I'm working in book-in when my LT asks me to go sit with a newer deputy in one of the housing units because he is having trouble with the inmates. I go down to the housing unit and the inmates are on lockdown. I'm standing with the deputy at the pod desk (they are a direct supervision jail) While I'm standing there, one inmates yells above the others, "Hey, why are we still on lock-down?!" The deput responds with "Because you can't stop acting like dumb-asses". At this point the inmates are now yelling different names at him etc. I was fed up with the dis-respect towards the deputy, so I walk into the center of the housing unit and tell the inmates that if they have any more smart *** comments to make, they need to come down and talk to me. No one says anything or moves, so I walk back to the desk. While my back is turned, an inmate yells out "Your acting all big and bad behind that badge!" This was where I made my big mistake. I took my badge, radio, and OC Spray and set it on the desk next to the other deputy. I turned around and told the inmates "I'm still here, and if you still have a smart *** comment to make, come talk to me." Again, no one said anything, so I put my equipment back on, stayed approximately 20 minutes and then left because the inmates had settled down."

I'm not a law enforcement officer or anything. I like to come and read the forums to gather more information about departments to apply for. After reading that reply, I can say that you *******up by saying that buddy. You really can't be mad about being disqualified. I have a M.S. in Criminal Justice and good credit, and I have been disqualified before and don't know why. I've never even had a ticket or ANY negative contact with law enforcement, BUT I KNOW you can't do what you did.

Leave a comment:

• GeorgiaLaw
    replied
    Jcaves said:

"In 2007 I worked for a Sheriff's Office just North of Atlanta. I worked there for 11 months. One day I'm working in book-in when my LT asks me to go sit with a newer deputy in one of the housing units because he is having trouble with the inmates. I go down to the housing unit and the inmates are on lockdown. I'm standing with the deputy at the pod desk (they are a direct supervision jail) While I'm standing there, one inmates yells above the others, "Hey, why are we still on lock-down?!" The deput responds with "Because you can't stop acting like dumb-asses". At this point the inmates are now yelling different names at him etc. I was fed up with the dis-respect towards the deputy, so I walk into the center of the housing unit and tell the inmates that if they have any more smart *** comments to make, they need to come down and talk to me. No one says anything or moves, so I walk back to the desk. While my back is turned, an inmate yells out "Your acting all big and bad behind that badge!" This was where I made my big mistake. I took my badge, radio, and OC Spray and set it on the desk next to the other deputy. I turned around and told the inmates "I'm still here, and if you still have a smart *** comment to make, come talk to me." Again, no one said anything, so I put my equipment back on, stayed approximately 20 minutes and then left because the inmates had settled down."

Leave a comment:

• JCaves
    replied
    Originally posted by juicesnn4e2 View Post
    and what else I notice from you jcaves, is that your dishonest. because the way you keep telling your story is showing holes in your story. first you say you were fired, then you say u were let go. so which is it? unless your saying let go=fired.
    juicesnn4e2, if you could please tell me how I am being dishonest. IMO I think that being let go and being fired are the same thing. Being layed off is something completely different. How does my story have holes in it? I would be more than happy to clarify anything you have questions about. Yes I admit I put the safety of the other officer in the housing unit at risk, along with my own, and along with the department itsself. I'm not trying to be missleading at all.

Leave a comment:

• JCaves
    replied
    Originally posted by MJhopeful-LEO View Post
    Unfortunately for him, he will most likely spend the rest of his life paying for his actions.
    Unfortunately, I have a feeling that you are right.

Leave a comment:

• MJhopeful-LEO
    replied
    Originally posted by DJKAHUNA View Post
    Well I got a question about that then:

How exactly does the probationary thing work? I understand the basic idea - many jobs have it but, is it like if you are an obvious moron you get canned? Or do you have to do something major?

I figured being a newbie is when you make a lot of mistakes?
    IMO, hopefully all of the obvious morons will never make it through the police academy. It would not be fun to put your well being in the hands of someone who didn’t have it “all together”.

With jobs that involve probation most people understand that doing things that go against SOP will get you fired. I say most because people get fired, showing that those particular people, had no regard for SOP. Now sometimes other things like politics may apply, but I have never been fired for any reason so I can’t say much about that. Jcaves, showed a blatant disregard for the safety of his fellow officers and his own life when he took the actions, detailed in one of his threads, that lead to him being fired. He did not make a rookie mistake, those are forgivable, he made a terribly irresponsible choice. Unfortunately for him, he will most likely spend the rest of his life paying for his actions.

Leave a comment:

• DJKAHUNA
    replied
    Well I got a question about that then:

How exactly does the probationary thing work? I understand the basic idea - many jobs have it but, is it like if you are an obvious moron you get canned? Or do you have to do something major?

I figured being a newbie is when you make a lot of mistakes?

Leave a comment:

• FutureRecruit86
    replied
    jcaves if u were fired from a LAW ENFORCEMENT dept I can kinda see why APD disqualified. Many agencies are going look at this.

Leave a comment:

• juicesnn4e2
    replied
    and what else I notice from you jcaves, is that your dishonest. because the way you keep telling your story is showing holes in your story. first you say you were fired, then you say u were let go. so which is it? unless your saying let go=fired.

Leave a comment:

• Mazda62005
    replied
    Originally posted by juicesnn4e2 View Post
    jcaves..... you were FIRED from a police job... which is pretty intersting... and your going to mislead everyone on here to think burger king or something fired you. you obviously did something pretty F'ed up to get fired from a cop job, and Atlanta doesn't want to deal with you...
    Gotta agree on this one.. Being fired from a PD or any government agency is pretty much a dqualifer for any agency even tho Terrell Bolton got around that with Dekalb hahaha

Leave a comment:

• juicesnn4e2
    replied
    jcaves..... you were FIRED from a police job... which is pretty intersting... and your going to mislead everyone on here to think burger king or something fired you. you obviously did something pretty F'ed up to get fired from a cop job, and Atlanta doesn't want to deal with you...

Leave a comment:

• JCaves
    replied
    Originally posted by Mazda62005 View Post
    wow are you serious? i guess the list of disqualifications on their website is misleading.. If u dont mind me asking, was it for something really bad like stealing?
    I was on still on my probationary period at a Sheriff's Office and was let go. Still have all of my certifications good as well.

Leave a comment:

• Mazda62005
    replied
    Originally posted by JCaves View Post
    I was DQ'd for being fired from a job.
    wow are you serious? i guess the list of disqualifications on their website is misleading.. If u dont mind me asking, was it for something really bad like stealing?

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4485 users online. 285 members and 4200 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X