300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by flyer2007 View Post
    Wow, that's a pretty bold statement. Why does 70% of the department hate their job like you claim?

I am trying to determine if I want to leave an $80K/year job for a new career in law enforcement. While it isn't about the money, I certainly do not want to go somewhere where the morale is so bad that the majority of the department hates their job. That seems like that could lead to safety issues in this line of work.
    70% of the dept. hates their job because they dont make the money they should. if you asked those 70%, 100% would say keep your 80k/year job.

now dont get me wrong guys, i love my job!!!!!!!! you just get to work with ALOT of people who hate it, and love to tell you about it...

Comment

Originally posted by flyer2007 View Post
      Wow, that's a pretty bold statement. Why does 70% of the department hate their job like you claim?

I am trying to determine if I want to leave an $80K/year job for a new career in law enforcement. While it isn't about the money, I certainly do not want to go somewhere where the morale is so bad that the majority of the department hates their job. That seems like that could lead to safety issues in this line of work.
      70% of the dept. hates their job because they dont make the money they should. if you asked those 70%, 100% would say keep your 80k/year job.

now dont get me wrong guys, i love my job!!!!!!!! you just get to work with ALOT of people who hate it, and love to tell you about it...

Comment

Originally posted by ATLPD3635 View Post
        Are you APD saying 70% of dept hates their job because if so I'd like to meet you. I think thats a b.s figure. If its an APD officer telling you that ask them why they wont do us all a favor and leave.
        Originally posted by juicesnn4e2 View Post
        wow please tell me what watch and zone you are in because the people i work with are miserable.
        Yep... ya'll work for the same department...

Comment

Can't we all just get along....... Or join the Marines for some real action!
          Lets hold hands and sing "We are the world."

Comment

i see some real action out here. has a marine ever chased after a 14 year old who stole a car? jk. they have way worse problems then me!!

Comment

Anyone Dqed from the process?

Comment

Originally posted by Mazda62005 View Post
                Anyone Dqed from the process?
                I was DQ'd for being fired from a job.

Comment

What kind of job? APD seems be on some **** right now.

Comment

Originally posted by JCaves View Post
                    I was DQ'd for being fired from a job.
                    wow are you serious? i guess the list of disqualifications on their website is misleading.. If u dont mind me asking, was it for something really bad like stealing?

Comment

Originally posted by Mazda62005 View Post
                      wow are you serious? i guess the list of disqualifications on their website is misleading.. If u dont mind me asking, was it for something really bad like stealing?
                      I was on still on my probationary period at a Sheriff's Office and was let go. Still have all of my certifications good as well.

Comment

jcaves..... you were FIRED from a police job... which is pretty intersting... and your going to mislead everyone on here to think burger king or something fired you. you obviously did something pretty F'ed up to get fired from a cop job, and Atlanta doesn't want to deal with you...

Comment

Originally posted by juicesnn4e2 View Post
                          jcaves..... you were FIRED from a police job... which is pretty intersting... and your going to mislead everyone on here to think burger king or something fired you. you obviously did something pretty F'ed up to get fired from a cop job, and Atlanta doesn't want to deal with you...
                          Gotta agree on this one.. Being fired from a PD or any government agency is pretty much a dqualifer for any agency even tho Terrell Bolton got around that with Dekalb hahaha

Comment

and what else I notice from you jcaves, is that your dishonest. because the way you keep telling your story is showing holes in your story. first you say you were fired, then you say u were let go. so which is it? unless your saying let go=fired.

Comment

jcaves if u were fired from a LAW ENFORCEMENT dept I can kinda see why APD disqualified. Many agencies are going look at this.

Comment

Well I got a question about that then:

How exactly does the probationary thing work? I understand the basic idea - many jobs have it but, is it like if you are an obvious moron you get canned? Or do you have to do something major?

I figured being a newbie is when you make a lot of mistakes?
                                Graduate of Athens Regional Police Academy - 235th BLETC

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6529 users online. 355 members and 6174 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X