300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Atlanta Job Fair

Just for anyone interested. Thought I'd post that APD is having another job fair.

Here's the info:

http://www.atlantapd.org/index.asp?nav=rt
    JINX

I'm thinking of coming down for the job fair. How political is Atlanta? (I've recently left a very political small department in TN). From what I've heard, Atlanta doesn't have a very good reputation, but I don't put much stock in rumors, especially across state lines... I would love to work for a larger department with more going on and I would especially like to hear from those actually working there. I've heard about the furloughs already...

Comment

I do know they have a pretty heated mayor race going on. The mayor now can't run again so it's open tee time. I like Atlanta every time I have been there, and never had any dealings with APD. During a mayor race there all kinds of things happening.

Comment

Check out www.wsbtv.com for video of Atlanta mayor debate. Looks like Atlanta will be getting a new police chief, too.
        Lets hold hands and sing "We are the world."

Comment

Originally posted by lifesagarden View Post
          Check out www.wsbtv.com for video of Atlanta mayor debate. Looks like Atlanta will be getting a new police chief, too.
          Funny thing was the other day someone call for accounting prob. Yes I keep up with Georgia news and about my Georgia Bulldawgs

Comment

How strict is Atl's Bankground check? I was approved with dekalb but the New Chief came back and took back my approval today due to my driving record..

Comment

Originally posted by Mazda62005 View Post
              How strict is Atl's Bankground check? I was approved with dekalb but the New Chief came back and took back my approval today due to my driving record..
              Per the APD website
              The following factors may be cause for disqualification:

3. Pending traffic or criminal charges
              13. Five (5) or more moving violation convictions within 3 years to the date of application
              14. Three (3) or more convictions for speeding in excess of 30 mph over the speed limit
              within the entire driving record.
              15. Three (3) or more chargeable traffic accidents within 5 years prior to the date of
              application
              16. A driver’s license that is currently suspended, revoked or expired
              17. A conviction for vehicular homicide, or hit and run (leaving the scene of an accident)

http://www.atlantapd.org/Career/Disqualification.pdf
              Last edited by the1fromgeorgia; 09-17-2009, 06:44 PM. Reason: add info

Comment

Originally posted by the1fromgeorgia View Post
                Per the APD website
                The following factors may be cause for disqualification:

3. Pending traffic or criminal charges
                13. Five (5) or more moving violation convictions within 3 years to the date of application
                14. Three (3) or more convictions for speeding in excess of 30 mph over the speed limit
                within the entire driving record.
                15. Three (3) or more chargeable traffic accidents within 5 years prior to the date of
                application
                16. A driver’s license that is currently suspended, revoked or expired
                17. A conviction for vehicular homicide, or hit and run (leaving the scene of an accident)

http://www.atlantapd.org/Career/Disqualification.pdf

None of the Factors that are on the website apply to me but Im still wondering will they throw a wild card in and say because of credit or Moving violation ill be dqed.. My background was approved with Dekalb but I guess the new chief was goin over the Recruits that was approved for the upcoming academy and pulled the candidates whose background he didnt like.. I have to say i was very devastated to get that call today after being told everything was a go. I was dqed because of a open container citation i received two years ago.As we all Know the process isn't a easy one and I pretty much had completed the process and the rug was pulled out at the end.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3224 users online. 164 members and 3060 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X