300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parole officer info

On the job three years (PG county MD), looking for a career change. I have done research about requirerments and duties of a parole officer in GA but would like to get any additional info about the job: 1. Do you have a choice where in GA you work. 2. Time in office/street. 3. Take home car. 4. Can you be proactive, work with local agencies. 5. Any info not provided on the GA dept of pardons and parole website would be helpful.

Thank you

Honorable discharge army, police academy, got hired in MD, went to school while working recieved BA in CJ. I spent alot of time in the south while in the army loved it!!! wish I never left but I needed to be close to home to help my mom. Everything is 10-8 now and I'm ready to move.
    Last edited by PG TODD213; 09-14-2009, 12:07 PM.

Originally posted by PG TODD213 View Post
    On the job three years (PG county MD), looking for a career change. I have done research about requirerments and duties of a parole officer in GA but would like to get any additional info about the job: 1. Do you have a choice where in GA you work. 2. Time in office/street. 3. Take home car. 4. Can you be proactive, work with local agencies. 5. Any info not provided on the GA dept of pardons and parole website would be helpful.

Thank you

Honorable discharge army, police academy, got hired in MD, went to school while working recieved BA in CJ. I spent alot of time in the south while in the army loved it!!! wish I never left but I needed to be close to home to help my mom. Everything is 10-8 now and I'm ready to move.
    I would stay away from state government in GA right now. The economy has really hurt the state. Furloughs, layoffs, diminished COLA and merit raises (if any), and serious budget shortfalls are the norm down here.
    "Would I ever leave this company? Look, I'm all about loyalty. In fact, I feel like part of what I'm being paid for here is my loyalty. But if there were somewhere else that valued loyalty more highly, I'm going wherever they value loyalty the most. " --Dwight K Schrute (The Office)

Comment

Originally posted by miked6 View Post
      I would stay away from state government in GA right now. The economy has really hurt the state. Furloughs, layoffs, diminished COLA and merit raises (if any), and serious budget shortfalls are the norm down here.
      That is true at the moment. All state agencies are on furloughs and whatnot.

To answer the OP.
      1. You will likely apply where you want to work-i.e. which city or whatever.
      2. From what I can tell you spend over half the time in the office/court. But it may be about 70/30.
      3. No take home car, but you get a pool car to make the required home visits.
      4. From what I know, you can be somewhat proactive (may depend on your chief and the locals).
      5. PM me
      www.ShankAZombie.com

Comment

I met a guy who does it and loves it. He gets a take home car and only works in the office 2 days a week. He tells me that they are hurting for officers, you get to choose which section of the state that you work in, however each office hires their own officers. So if you take the test and do average and the office that is located in the section that you choose wants to higher people with higher scores, then you may not get an interview. Also the PAY SUXS

Comment

BTW I made an 86 on the test and apparrently it was not high enough for an interview so I am going to retake the test Thursday.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4845 users online. 243 members and 4602 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X