300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Atlanta PD

Thought this might be nice since everyone likes to try to figure out time frames and at what stages everyone is at. There's a post on Gwinnett that's similar. So if you're applying, have applied, or have made it through please post here and let everyone know where you're at in the hiring process.

________
    (Not me, my husband)

Job Fair: 8/26 (Completed)
    Application: 8/26 (Completed)
    Background:
    PAT:
    Psych:
    CVSA:
    JINX

Going tomorrow to finally get my SS info and driver's license info from the DMV(should be fun!) and this was the first opportunity i could get a full day off to get everything together. Should have my application sent in at worst a week or so from now hopefully. Will keep you updated on my progress, it looks like they're really trying to get things moving soon which is a promising sign. Not looking forward to the inevitable 30 hour drive there and back for interviews and so on but if i get to that point it will be well worth it.

Comment

Completed the online app with all required documents, and mailed it in at the end of july. I was informed by a BI that I needed to come down and take the written. I went to the job fair on August 15th and filled out an application again, opted out of the POST exam, due to acceptable SAT scores, and only took the written. Got a call back a little over a week later from the BI I had been in contact with prior to attending the job fair and was asked when I would be taking the written. After explaining I had already done that, my file was pulled and I was given the info of my BI. Spoke with him last thursday, he said he had a few questions he needed to ask before he began my background investigation. I told him I had a few updates concerning my current address and work situation. He then told me he was heading to a meeting and would call me back friday morning so that we could get everything settled. I'm still waiting for my call back, I would like to start the investigation asap so I have tried to reach him again, today on my day off.
      "PALMAM QUI MERUIT FERAT"

Comment

For whatever reason my message posted twice...
        Last edited by MJhopeful-LEO; 09-02-2009, 11:33 AM. Reason: already posted...

Comment

Sent in employment packet weeks ago. Haven't attended any job fairs but was called to come in on the 12th or 19th to take a written test and do an interview. Was told this would be followed up by CVSA and that if successful with all parameters could be in an academy in as little as 6 weeks.

Not sure where I'm going with this as I have other hooks in the water right now.

Comment

I spoke with my BI around 1430, we spent a 1/2 hr or so going over info on my App and clearing up and questions he had for me. My BI will begin as soon as I give him a name of a past supervisor, which I looked up, and the complete address of a place of former employment. Tomorrow morning he will recieve that and finally the BI will begin. During our conversation we spoke about the fac that so many people are applying and they are only going to be moving forward with the people who are the most helpful when it comes to the BI and who stay in contact with them, he will be hearing from me alot! He also stressed having my reffrences fax vs mail in the background packets, so tomorrow before work I will be calling all of my reffrences and offering to pay for the fax myself.

Comment

Completed all testing...awaiting final approval from chief

Comment

Was notified that I received conditional offer two days ago. Scheduled for med and psych for week after next.

Comment

Originally posted by flyer2007 View Post
                  Was notified that I received conditional offer two days ago. Scheduled for med and psych for week after next.
                  Congrats bro, I know you've been at this for awhile. Send me a pm soon and I'll bring you up to date on mine.

Comment

Congratulations. Let us know how everything goes and when you start!
                    JINX

Comment

Figured I'd update everyone. We contacted the BI on 9/10, he asked for a few additional items and we have provided almost everything to him as of Friday. We're waiting on two more names/addresses then we wait.
                      ________
                      (Not me, my husband)

Job Fair: 8/26 (Completed)
                      Application: 8/26 (Completed)
                      Background: BI assigned & contacted 9/10
                      PAT:
                      Psych:
                      CVSA:[/QUOTE]
                      JINX

Comment

Been keeping track of this thread and just got my posting privileges.

Attended Aug 15th Job fair for testing.
                        2 weeks later BI contacts me to discuss some small things on application.
                        1 week later BI contacts me to get my employers information and fax it to her. She also informs me that another officer will be calling to schedule a CVSA.
                        A couple days later, another officer calls and sets up a day to take my CVSA.

Taking CVSA very soon.

EDIT: CVSA passed, fingerprinted at a different building same day.
                        Last edited by v1985; 09-18-2009, 11:59 AM.

Comment

Dropped my APD application in the mail tuesday. I have heard nothing. I have tried to contact someone in recruiting but I always get a stupid robot. Can anyone PM me with their recruiter? I would like to speak with someone so I can get an idea of time, etc. Thanks.
                          Graduate of Athens Regional Police Academy - 235th BLETC

Comment

Originally posted by DJKAHUNA View Post
                            Dropped my APD application in the mail tuesday. I have heard nothing. I have tried to contact someone in recruiting but I always get a stupid robot. Can anyone PM me with their recruiter? I would like to speak with someone so I can get an idea of time, etc. Thanks.
                            Dont know what you have going on tomorrow but they have a job fair and it is supposed to be the fastest way to get hired.

Comment

Originally posted by v1985 View Post
                              Been keeping track of this thread and just got my posting privileges.

Attended Aug 15th Job fair for testing.
                              2 weeks later BI contacts me to discuss some small things on application.
                              1 week later BI contacts me to get my employers information and fax it to her. She also informs me that another officer will be calling to schedule a CVSA.
                              A couple days later, another officer calls and sets up a day to take my CVSA.

Taking CVSA very soon.

EDIT: CVSA passed, fingerprinted at a different building same day.

V- What's the next step? Have they told you yet? I have hubby calling today to make sure BI received everything he needed last week. Hoping they'll schedule CVSA or PT soon.
                              JINX

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3439 users online. 173 members and 3266 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X