300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fulton County Regional Police Academy

I have started the process of putting myself through the academy. I had a couple fo questions regarding regional academies.

1. I have a buddy who is currently going through the Clayton county academy and he had to take a physical agility test to get in. I called Fulton county and they told me they don't have a PAT test for admission. Does anyone know if the PAT is standard in the regional academies?

2. I have also heard that the PT in the Fulton county academy is not very intense. Can anyone who has gone through it recently or that is currently going through it confirm or deny? I have been jogging a mile a day and doing Cardio and push ups daily. What time should I shoot for in the mile, how many push ups, and sit ups should I be prepared to do? I was 250 (only 5'9) when I started working out 3 weeks ago, not down to 235, hoping to get to at least 215 before class starts. If I can get into the September Class.

3. I drove by the academy on tuesday around lunch time and it appeared the pre-service students were just hanging out in the parking lot talking on the phone and kicking rocks, is this typical during lunch time? my buddy at the Clayton co. academy says they do everything together, Bathrom, lunch etc.

4. The process for Fulton Co. is to:
    1. Take the Compass
    2. Get fingerprinted
    3. Do background check
    4. Once you have everything complete you fill out your application and submit it to the academy for review and Post processing.

What happens after that?

5. I can't find any info on polygraph test or physical when do they come into play?

Thanks for all replies. If anyone is currently in the class please pm me.
    Last edited by the1fromgeorgia; 08-07-2009, 02:28 PM. Reason: ad info

So I guess none of you guys have gone through this academy?

Comment

I am on week 9 at the academy in athens. I love it!

To apply there u just fill out app do background interview and then you start academy. Hope grants pays everything except equipment, food, hotel, etc etc. PT is easy. Lots of studying required though.

Comment

I haven't heard of a PT test or polygraph required to attend the academy.
        A lot of departments require them for employment.

Comment

Originally posted by drake View Post
          I am on week 9 at the academy in athens. I love it!

To apply there u just fill out app do background interview and then you start academy. Hope grants pays everything except equipment, food, hotel, etc etc. PT is easy. Lots of studying required though.
          Gotta be Mr. Wizard.
          Gimme a Diablo sammich and a Dr. Pepper, and make it snappy - I'm in a gotd**n hurry!

Comment

Who is bigtrooper? Reno?

Comment

Originally posted by drake View Post
              Who is bigtrooper? Reno?
              See? Your investigatory skills are blossoming already!
              Gimme a Diablo sammich and a Dr. Pepper, and make it snappy - I'm in a gotd**n hurry!

Comment

Cool so I found out no PT test and no poly. I am just waiting for my interview. Thanks for the info.

Comment

i am in clayton night academy and we didn't have a pt test to get in. I am not sure what your friend is talking about. Good luck with fulton
                  Graduated Clayton Academy: Nov. 17,2009

Hired: Dec. 4, 2009

Comment

Still waiting on interview. I also applied for Clayton co Police depart and test on Sept 15th. I thought that they required the Compass test also (which I already took). I am going to call a recruiter and see if it is the same test.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5147 users online. 290 members and 4857 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X