300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dekalb County PD

Anyone applied here lately? I notice on the website, there is a testing date for June 19th. I applied in October 2007, passed the written and physical and then withdrew because I realized I was still going to be living out of town a bit longer. Anyone know if they are currently hiring or how often they have academies? I think they use to have them maybe twice per year. Good morale? Good training facilites?

Thanks for any info!

they are hiring!!!

Comment

Morale's on the way back up with the appointment of some new leadership. Training FACILITIES could be better, but the academy staff is good and you'll learn a lot. The outdoor range was re-done several years ago and is reasonably nice.

You'll hear a lot of mixed things about DKPD on here. It would be untrue to say we haven't had problems over the past few years. However, it can be what you make of it; I've enjoyed my time and have learned a lot. Despite the fools that have made the news, I work with a lot of quality officers.

Comment

Thank you very much for the info. I spoke directly with the main recruiting detective today, and he was very helpful and kind. When I previously applied, the prior recruiting LT was also a great guy, so thus far, I have had nothing but positive experiences with DCPD.

However, sounds like there will be a new hiring freeze for a bit now. I have such bad luck!

Comment

Hey I heard they just recently had 2 openings...lol
          "I would rather live one day as a Lion, than a thousand years as a Sheep."

Comment

Why would there be a new hiring freeze?

Comment

The next academy starts July 13. From what I've seen they are actively recruiting new officers.

Comment

it's DKPD, not DCPD =) dont ask why
                Perseverate In Pugna

Comment

Originally posted by Thrust View Post
                  The next academy starts July 13. From what I've seen they are actively recruiting new officers.
                  That's what I thought also, and was surprised when he told me that. He indicated that the freezes have been coming and going and to watch the website closely. Well, when I went to the website last night, it still indicated that they were hiring. Perhaps there is just a delay in updating the website.

Comment

Originally posted by Narco View Post
                    it's DKPD, not DCPD =) dont ask why
                    Oops, thanks for the info as usual. That is odd, but I have seen stranger things.

Comment

Anyone know how long their academy is?

Comment

I believe it is six months.

Comment

Originally posted by flyer2007 View Post
                          That's what I thought also, and was surprised when he told me that. He indicated that the freezes have been coming and going and to watch the website closely. Well, when I went to the website last night, it still indicated that they were hiring. Perhaps there is just a delay in updating the website.

Flyer2007 did he mention whether or not the hiring freeze was going to affect the the upcoming class start date?

Comment

Also, they were just doing interviews 2 weeks ago and physicals/psych exams the following week.

Comment

Originally posted by Metro637 View Post
                              Also, they were just doing interviews 2 weeks ago and physicals/psych exams the following week.
                              I talked to him on Monday and he didn't mention the upcoming class.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3357 users online. 194 members and 3163 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X