300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gwinnett still hiring?

Is Gwinnett still hiring, or has the economy also slowed them down as well? Do they mainly only take laterals? Do they give serious consideration to folks with minor screw-ups in their background, or are they looking for people who walk on water? From everything I have read, they appear to be a great department, and I am sure it is a very competitive hiring environment.

Thanks!

^^^^Oh Narco.. where are you????

Comment

Originally posted by dixiebelle View Post
      ^^^^Oh Narco.. where are you????
      Uh oh....did I ask a bad question, and is he/she going to yell at me??

On a side note, I just went through the entire Phoenix AZ PD process only to be shot down at the end. Apparently, the LT (or someone higher) didn't approve of something in my background, so my CO got rescinded. I think it was also a matter of bad timing because of a recently implemented hiring freeze.

Comment

yes, still hiring

www.gwinnettpolicejobs.com
        Perseverate In Pugna

Comment

Originally posted by flyer2007 View Post
          Uh oh....did I ask a bad question, and is he/she going to yell at me??

On a side note, I just went through the entire Phoenix AZ PD process only to be shot down at the end. Apparently, the LT (or someone higher) didn't approve of something in my background, so my CO got rescinded. I think it was also a matter of bad timing because of a recently implemented hiring freeze.
          No man, you didnt ask a bad question. Narco is our resident Gwinnett Geru (sp?)

Comment

Gwinnett County hiring process

This is for Narco because I 've been reading for a while and see you are the go to guy. My fiance and I are from New York he did phase 1 on September 18th and Phase 2 on the 14th and 15th of October, they told him all they needed was his birth certificate and he mailed it out yesterday. How long do you think it will take for him to find out his status? Do they tell you right away if your Disqualified? Does he have a chance? I am so nervous he tried asking the Investigater she told him they were still doing the investigation.

Comment

has he already filled out the BI booklet and is waiting for a conditional offer? id give it 2 weeks before calling back. they have LOTS of applicants to sift through.
              Perseverate In Pugna

Comment

The investigator told him today there were discrepancies in his polygraph exam and his blue book, but he was told after the polygraph exam he passed and everything in his blue book is true he didn't lie on anything. The investigator said he has to wait to receive his letter if he can prove everything in his blue book and he tries speak to the person that said he passed is there a chance to be put back in the hiring process?

Comment

it sounds like he's is still in the process
                  Perseverate In Pugna

Comment

she also said in that sentence he would be removed from the hiring process but if we prove those things can he still make it? As I said before he was told he passed the poly and we can prove his blue book info

ok I just spoke to him he said he called the Lt. who told him during the polygraph test he put no to a question that asked did he ever apply to any other police job and then when he asked again he said oh yes but it was marta police transit he thought they meant a police department. and another question that asked has he ever worked more than 5 days he put no by accident then he read it again and changed it to yes. The Lt. then told him he has to call this background guy who can probably help him. The background guy said when he receives the letter write on the back explaining himself mail it back to him and he'll look into it and get back to him. Does he still have a chance?
                    Last edited by justgottamakeit; 10-30-2008, 02:06 PM. Reason: more info

Comment

Need help

Is there anyone that can help me with my question above?

Comment

What he needs to do is exactly what the background investigator says to do. Does he still have a chance?? None of us can specifically answer that question. Discrepancies are always a problem when filling out packets. BI's begin to wonder what else the applicant has forgotten to include.

Comment

it seems more and more guy's wives are on the site asking more questions, doing more leg work, and acting more concerned than they are. the only person who can answer your question is the BI.
                          Perseverate In Pugna

Comment

Originally posted by Narco View Post
                            it seems more and more guy's wives are on the site asking more questions, doing more leg work, and acting more concerned than they are. the only person who can answer your question is the BI.
                            LOL I noticed this also.. Seems really odd to me..

Comment

+1 ^^ It should be the applicants asking all the questions of us and not the significant other. It shows me who really wants the job and who may not.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3426 users online. 204 members and 3222 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X