300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• State budget cuts...GSP, DNR, GBI....

Since most of the rumors going around for the last few months have became real. What does it mean for state law enforcement? I have several friends and even family in the above agencies and they are all very down about all this but thankful to have a JOB! I also have some friends that have left the above to do other things because of the downward trend in state funding for our law enforcement. One is now driving a UPS truck and now makes twice as much as he did as a trooper. Is he happier? I doubt it. I wouldn't be. To law enforcement professionals money is for sure not the reason they stay. Its the desire to do the job!

What is going to happen to our state agencies with the latest cuts? I think they will lose people due to just the low moral and by having to work their butt off just to make sure each shift/area is covered. And there will be retirements too. I dont see how these depts. are going to make it 2 years or more with out hiring. What do you think?

Just as a citizen of GA I am sad to see our state go so low. Our state law enforcement use to be the best of the best in the South and now were just getting by. By saying that I don't by any means mean the people that work there because they are top notch and trained very well. I mean the overall quality of these depts. like their funding, salaries, and mostly manpower issues.

Well I guess this was sort of a rant but really just opening up a discussion to the fine folks on this forum for comments on your views.
    Former: K-9/Drug Interdiction Officer

Helicopter pilot "non-LE"

sigpic

Check this thread out...it has accurate information about what is going on with the 86th trooper school.

http://forums.officer.com/showthread.php?t=100144

Comment

Thanks for the link pope. I have been following it. I heard about this a couple of weeks ago and was confirmed after the post commander meeting last week. It all sucks but, thats life one must deal with it. I guess I'll just have to see where I am at in my life when they decide to hire again. Good luck out there in the blue and grey!

sigpic

Comment

State Retirement

The State has also cut out the defined benefit retirement. If you are a new hire, you will fall under a 401, or 403 type of retirement package. It was 60% of your salary after 30 years under the old system. I think it is the States way of saving money.

Comment

Your right Sackett after Jan 1,2009 the retirement will go to 1% for every year worked. So in other words its gonna suck. I guess one must invest wisely to survive.

sigpic

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5171 users online. 284 members and 4887 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X