300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Athens-clarke County Police

Do we have any ACCPD members on here? If so, can you give any info about how the dept operates. Any pros or cons you have to say? I am interested in applying but would like to know more about the dep. Thanks
    And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not!

Originally posted by BrianS View Post
    Do we have any ACCPD members on here? If so, can you give any info about how the dept operates. Any pros or cons you have to say? I am interested in applying but would like to know more about the dep. Thanks

Its a college town, with a very liberal court system. They used to have take homes, but not sure anymore. A few years back, there were a number of complaints about favoritism and a biased promotional system. The pay is ok for the area, around $33k last I heard. They also do a raise at 6 mos and a year, and hiring incentives for post certification, college, and military.

Athens, is a town of affluent college kids on one side, and very rough housing projects on the other. If your interested in college, you can work for the UGA Police for the same money, go to school for free, and get a lot of great training. The trade off is that it would be pretty boring compared to ACC.
    "Would I ever leave this company? Look, I'm all about loyalty. In fact, I feel like part of what I'm being paid for here is my loyalty. But if there were somewhere else that valued loyalty more highly, I'm going wherever they value loyalty the most. " --Dwight K Schrute (The Office)

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6236 users online. 354 members and 5882 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X