X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • XNavyGunner
    Beat Cop
    • May 2008

Atlanta PD called...I'm HIRED!

I took my exam/interview back in the beginning of May, took the polygraph a month later then took my medical and pysch 2 weeks ago under a conditional offer of employment and today my background investigator called and said "Come in to city Hall East Monday so we can begin in-processing" Boy am I stoked. Funny thing is earlier today I dropped my background packet off to College Park PD. O well I guess I can let go Cobb PD and College Park PD. They want to wait for a few more recruits are accepted before an acedemy class starts so I'll be doing admin work; getting paid. Haha...I'm really happy. And I was worried I was going to have to go back into the Navy if nothing came up. Patience and prayer does wonders.
  • FutureLE
    300lbs club
    • Jun 2005

Originally posted by XNavyGunner
    I took my exam/interview back in the beginning of May, took the polygraph a month later then took my medical and pysch 2 weeks ago under a conditional offer of employment and today my background investigator called and said "Come in to city Hall East Monday so we can begin in-processing" Boy am I stoked. Funny thing is earlier today I dropped my background packet off to College Park PD. O well I guess I can let go Cobb PD and College Park PD. They want to wait for a few more recruits are accepted before an acedemy class starts so I'll be doing admin work; getting paid. Haha...I'm really happy. And I was worried I was going to have to go back into the Navy if nothing came up. Patience and prayer does wonders.
    Good job man.. Get ready for some exciting assignment before the academy..lol

I heard they just started an academy, so you might be waiting for a few months before another starts.. But hey you will probably work 8-4 with weekends off for the time being..

Who was your BI? Pm if you prefer

Comment

• Creide
      Forum Member
      • Sep 2008

Congrats to you!

Comment

• scuba4321
        Forum Member
        • Aug 2005

Way to go!

Comment

• MPDCjock
          Forum Member
          • Dec 2006

Congrats!

Comment

• Dirty'South
            Forum Member
            • Aug 2006

Congrats And Welcome To The Team
            "This whole town...I'm puttin it in my reahview"

Comment

• alienbow
              Forum Member
              • May 2006

Do you mind if I ask how difficult the written exam is? The last one I took I made a ninety-three on it. Did you have to do a physical agility test? You didn't say anything in your post about that.

I am considering applying with APD. I don't like corrections work at all.
              www.amyandwandasrants.blogspot.com

Comment

• FutureLE
                300lbs club
                • Jun 2005

Originally posted by alienbow
                Do you mind if I ask how difficult the written exam is? The last one I took I made a ninety-three on it. Did you have to do a physical agility test? You didn't say anything in your post about that.

I cant speak for him, but I have done the written, and its very easy..

Atlanta doesnt do a PAT anymore, but you have to meet certain requirements at the beginning of the academy or you are sent to the "fat class" section (more running, pushups, etc)-- This is the word from a friend who recently finished the academy..

Comment

• XNavyGunner
                  Beat Cop
                  • May 2008

The written examination is fairly a combination of common sense, general reading comprehension and being able to identify patterns. A PAT is not required but as FutureLE said, at the start of the acedemy you will be assessed on your current physical fitness.
                  Last edited by XNavyGunner; 09-19-2008, 07:53 AM. Reason: mispelled words throughout post.

Comment

• BigTrooper
                    I'm your huckleberry
                    • Jun 2008

Congrats buddy. Best of luck and much safety in everything you do. Remember, if you have to justify it to yourself, don't do it!
                    Gimme a Diablo sammich and a Dr. Pepper, and make it snappy - I'm in a gotd**n hurry!

Comment

• scuba4321
                      Forum Member
                      • Aug 2005

Are you with a Sheriffs Office? Can they not send you to mandate? Just wondering

Comment

• Driven
                        Forum Member
                        • Aug 2008

Congrats man!!
                        "Rulers are not a cause of fear for good behavior but for evil behavior. Do you want to have no fear of authority? Do what is good and you will have praise from the same." ~~ God

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 19147 users online. 45 members and 19102 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...