300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hiring process

I am so nervous. My husband submitted his application for Gwinnett early Monday morning, and he got a call today asking him to come in next Monday for a background check. They said it would take a few hours. I am confused because it took a week to fill out the initial application, and I thought many of those questions were part of a background history. (Have you ever used drugs, Have you had traffic citations and if so name them, ect.) What else do they want that could take a few hours? Do they interview you about your answers, or do you have to fill something out all over again?

What I am really nervous about is the credit history. I am so scared that I will mess that up for him. His credit was much better before we married, but when we married we got a loan to help pay down a bunch of debts my ex left me with. We did a credit score check, and his was "fair", just 2 points down from being good. How important is credit in the process? Would they understand that his score is only worse because of me? I felt so guilty when he first agreed to help, and now I feel awful. This job is very important to him, and I don't want to be the reason he misses out. :-(

When I applied with Gwinnett, they just sent background package in the mail 10 days or so after I applied with a letter of instruction on how and when to complete it, etc. I didn't get a phone call, and I didn't have to go for any type of interview.

Narco, any thoughts?
    Gimme a Diablo sammich and a Dr. Pepper, and make it snappy - I'm in a gotd**n hurry!

Comment

normally a group of applicants go together and get instructions on how to fill out the big background booklet and have a q and a session. im not sure of they still do it like this or not.
      Perseverate In Pugna

Comment

Maybe it is different for prior service/laterals and entry level.
        Gimme a Diablo sammich and a Dr. Pepper, and make it snappy - I'm in a gotd**n hurry!

Comment

Thanks, guys. I appreciate any help. This whole process is new and unlike any other job application we've ever done. I guess I am more worried about things than my husband. :-) He tends not to worry so much.
          So, do you get a chance to explain things, like the credit? Or do they just look at it and write you off if it's not what they are looking for? I am hoping they are situational about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Creide View Post
            Thanks, guys. I appreciate any help. This whole process is new and unlike any other job application we've ever done. I guess I am more worried about things than my husband. :-) He tends not to worry so much.
            So, do you get a chance to explain things, like the credit? Or do they just look at it and write you off if it's not what they are looking for? I am hoping they are situational about it.
            I really dont think you get a chance to explain, but I could be wrong..

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2993 users online. 161 members and 2832 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X