300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Henry or Gwinnett police

We've heard from Narco and FPS1588, but does anyone else work for these counties that can chime in on how they are? It's always better to get more than one person's views.

thanks

Henry County PD probably has the best work schedule in metro Atlanta: 4/10 hour shifts with steady days off. Gwinnett County PD probably has the worst schedule in metro Atlanta: 6/9 hour shifts with rotating off days. Henry County would probably be slower paced and have much more affordable housing but you'd probably make more money in Gwinnett and see more action-so it all depends on what you're looking for. Look into the Cherokee County Sheriffs too.
    "This whole town...I'm puttin it in my reahview"

Comment

CCSO looks like a squared away dept. but i dont want to work in the jail.

Is either department on an 800 mhz radio system or still 400?
      Last edited by wyattearp; 09-02-2008, 06:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by wyattearp View Post
        CCSO looks like a squared away dept. but i dont want to work in the jail.

Is either department on an 800 mhz radio system or still 400?
        Henry county uses the 800 mhz encrypted radio system.
        God created some police officers perfect, the rest he put in cars.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty'South View Post
          Henry County PD probably has the best work schedule in metro Atlanta: 4/10 hour shifts with steady days off. Gwinnett County PD probably has the worst schedule in metro Atlanta: 6/9 hour shifts with rotating off days. Henry County would probably be slower paced and have much more affordable housing but you'd probably make more money in Gwinnett and see more action-so it all depends on what you're looking for. Look into the Cherokee County Sheriffs too.

Dont know if your info on Henry Co. is exactly accurate.....

There are some Henry Co. guys floating around here that would be able to give you first hand knowledge/information here.
          I'm familiar with the county and some of the guys/gals that work there.
          From what I know and have seen/heard, they are squared away and have plenty to keep them busy. Money is good and plenty of specialized units and such within the dept.

Comment

Henry County officers should definitely chime in...but everything I stated was COMPLETELY ACCURATE. HCP do have plenty to keep them busy but their call volume is lower than Gwinnett's-which can be good so officers can do some proactive policing.

Comment

Henry County officers should definitely chime in...but everything I stated was COMPLETELY ACCURATE. HCP do have plenty to keep them busy but their call volume is lower than Gwinnett's-which can be good so officers can do some proactive policing.
              Our population is approximately 180K to 200K, unlike Gwinnett that has close to 500K. Our call volume is lower but continuous and steady. We probably average only about 2 calls holding at any particular time. Our volume of calls steadily increase each year. For example, when I started with Henry we used to work with a maximum of 10 officers patrolling the whole county per shift. Now we patrol with 20 or more officers per shift. This is in a 8 year time frame. We work 4 ten hour shifts with set days off and you can re bid for shifts every 12 months based on seniority. We have good equipment, take home vehicles, and an outstanding Chief. Promotion potential after your 12 month probation and several specialty units. We are extremely proactive.
              God created some police officers perfect, the rest he put in cars.

Comment

4 day work weeks AND take home cars-It doesn't get much better than that

Comment

Wasnt trying to step on any toes, but I guess I read your post wrong.....
                  Ive seen and heard of HCPD guys getting into plenty of "action".... but your right their call volume is a little lower.

Glad an HCPD guy chimed in.

Comment

Originally posted by unc25 View Post
                    Wasnt trying to step on any toes, but I guess I read your post wrong.....
                    Ive seen and heard of HCPD guys getting into plenty of "action".... but your right their call volume is a little lower.

Glad an HCPD guy chimed in.
                    No problem UNC, just miscommunication. I was just pointing out that more calls usually equals more action.

Comment

Gwinnett's population is actually around 800K. We constantly have calls pending. Patrol works 6 on 3 off 9hr shifts with a take home car. The days off rotate. Special units work everything from 4 on 3 off, 5 on 2 off, etc...
                      Perseverate In Pugna

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6215 users online. 325 members and 5890 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X