300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colbert police department

Can anyone tell me if the town of colbert every had or has had it's own police department. I have a chief of police badge from the town of colbert and it has the appearance of being old. can anyone help a brother.

Well since you have a police badge I would have to say yes they did, but with only .9 square miles and a population of 488 I would have to say not anymore.

http://colbert.georgia.gov/05/home/0...907427,00.html

Comment

There use to be a part time officer there. Don't know if he's still on the job or if the Madison County deputies are working the city now.

Comment

Originally posted by scuba4321 View Post
        Well since you have a police badge I would have to say yes they did.

http://colbert.georgia.gov/05/home/0...907427,00.html
        Anyone Can Have A badge made. I have been collecting badges for 13 years and have had quite a few badges from departments that never existed. Call Ga Post they should know, and ask if they had a department. 770-732-5974
        Surveillance Should Precede Salutation.(Look before you leap)

Comment

I went ahead and called the town of colbert. the police department was disbanded in 1999. thanks for everyones input. this is a very old chief of police badge, Now if ebay will let me list it. wish me luck

Comment

https://www.gapost.org/acadsys/gkey.html

Department Name County Size
            ----------------- -------- ----

COLBERT POLICE DEPARTMENT MADISON 0
            "Would I ever leave this company? Look, I'm all about loyalty. In fact, I feel like part of what I'm being paid for here is my loyalty. But if there were somewhere else that valued loyalty more highly, I'm going wherever they value loyalty the most. " --Dwight K Schrute (The Office)

Comment

Couldn't help but to reply. I know it's old. Just wanted to make a comment. I noticed you said you had a Chief of Police badge for Colbert, GA. Well, my grandfather was once the Chief of Police for Colbert... Does it have a name on it or something? If you still have it, that is...
              Thanks!

Comment

Colbert PD

Originally posted by crimescene4541 View Post
                Can anyone tell me if the town of colbert every had or has had it's own police department. I have a chief of police badge from the town of colbert and it has the appearance of being old. can anyone help a brother.
                Not sure, but I seem to recall there was one there at one time. I was wondering if you might be persuaded to part with it. My name happens to be Colbert. I have a patch from the Colbert County Sheriff's Office in Alabama. It would be nice to add it to my collection. By the way I am a retired sergeant from NNPD in Va.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3245 users online. 155 members and 3090 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X