300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• out-of-state applicants

I grew up in Tampa and now live in New Jersey. I have family that still lives in the Tampa area and I'd like to move back to the area. I've been looking for a reason to take a road trip down there also. So maybe I can kill two birds with one stone.

I'm looking for a department that is hiring and does an expedited process for out of state applicants.. preferably in the Tampa Bay area.

Me too, I'm hoping something similar to the NYPD Quest program.

Comment

I went through "comparative compliance" several years ago and it was pretty simple. You basically go over things you already know, then take the state test. The timeline can be 2-6 weeks, just depends on your area. Mine was 6 weeks, which is actually easier. It was like a 6 week vacation with pay. The 2 week one crams all the info, but you have longer days and its not as laid back.
      Work harder! Millions on welfare depend on you...

Comment

Thanks 355339! Where did you do your compaative compliance?

Comment

In '98 I went through the 2wk course in Panama City at Gulf Coast Community College. I went there because at the time they were holding the course every other month. Seminole County's process has been running 3-6 months, depending on how easy your background is...
          Last edited by PB3021; 08-08-2008, 10:16 PM.

Comment

I work in Broward Co, but they sent me to Palm Beach Co. I guess Broward was full, but they have 2 week classes. The 6 week is better and more or less gives a long vacation.
            Last edited by 355339; 08-11-2008, 07:38 AM. Reason: forgot a space
            Work harder! Millions on welfare depend on you...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2959 users online. 144 members and 2815 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X