• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Federal agent fatally shot outside South Florida post office

Another sad day in south Florida...

Link to Story

Federal agent fatally shot outside South Florida post office

PEMBROKE PINES, Fla. (WSVN) -- According to police, a federal agent has died after a man shot him in the parking lot of a South Florida post office.

Authorities are investigating the scene of the shooting that occurred in the area of Dykes and Pines Boulevard Tuesday morning. Officials said a middle-aged man shot the special agent with the High Intensity Drug Trafficking Task Force in the head. "We do know that this just appears to be some type of altercation in the parking lot. It does not involve any postal employees or any employees here at the center," said St. Bryan Davis of the Pembroke Pines Police Department.

Witnesses said the agent was at the post office with his daughter when the suspect approached him. "I saw the daughter frantic, hysterical, and then, I saw the victim laying on the ground," said Janice Chin.

About 200 agents are searching for the gunman. "The suspect information that we did get was a middle-aged man, possibly 45 to 55 years of age, driving a dark green or gray Chrysler 300," said Davis.

Authorities pulled over several vehicles in an effort to find the suspect.

Paramedics transported the agent to Memorial Regional Hospital where he later died.

Police describe the suspect as a white male with a full head of hair, wearing a green-colored plaid shirt.

If you have any information on this shooting, call Broward County Crime Stoppers at 954-493-TIPS. Remember, you can always remain anonymous, and you may be eligible for a reward.
    “The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed."

"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him."

Thats messed up, killing a man in front of his daughter My dad as well as a whole bunch of officers from Miami-Dade PD are enroute to assist in the investigation.

Comment

yeah I saw a bunch of MDPD with lights on and sirens blaring headed up north on my way back from downtown .. the boys are on the way
      I hope to one day wear the Brown Uniform and Im not talking about UPS

Comment

Damn there's alot of people there!!!

Comment

Damn that sucks,poor girl......They said it could have been a "road rage" incident......
          sigpic

Comment

BOLO:

"The suspect information that we did get was a middle-aged man, possibly 45 to 55 years of age, driving a dark green or gray Chrysler 300,"-

Police described the suspect as a white male with a tan complexion and a full head of gray hair, wearing a green-colored plaid shirt.

Comment

I was driving west bound to my job at lexus of pines...just a block and half away from the post office, before 9am. I saw cruisers and undercover units flying to the scene, at least 30 cars.

Comment

He's been ID'd as SA Donald Pettit.(the agent's name).

Comment

The agent was in plain clothes, off duty correct? That guy had no idea he had just shot a federal agent?

Comment

DHS is currently assisting in the investigation.

Comment

Originally posted by ERMDPD View Post
                      The agent was in plain clothes, off duty correct? That guy had no idea he had just shot a federal agent?
                      The subject gets charged with regular murder 1st or 2nd. Not murdered on law enforcement officer. The law enforcement needs to be in uniform, when murdered. Might be wrong, but I guess I am right duh.
                      Last edited by ggoldenhawk; 08-05-2008, 07:24 PM.

Comment

My father works county Homicide and says they got some credible leads. I pray they get crazy people like this off the street.

Comment

Originally posted by LeoRespect View Post
                          My father works county Homicide and says they got some credible leads. I pray they get crazy people like this off the street.
                          Same here man, I hope your dads friends and him will help solve this case.

Comment

Originally posted by LeoRespect View Post
                            Same thing my dad told me

Comment

From what my "sources" tell me, it was a road rage incident.

The SA was in plain clothes.

I hope none of you have a grey/green 300....
                              “The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed."

"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him."

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3154 users online. 204 members and 2950 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X