Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good job to those working the case, lets hope they got the right guy and are ready to close this case. Keep it up!

Comment

Originally posted by caseypj View Post
      Just curious, if he was on-duty, why was his daughter in the car with him?
      Federal Agents are always considered to be "on-duty." Even on vacation, they are required to carry a gun and badge.

Comment

Read back to my post (post #30)... It's official now, just saw it on the 10 o'clock news.

Good Job to every one involved!

Comment

Crazy old man...65yrs old turning 66 in Nov. Only negative run in with the law before was a speeding ticket.

Comment

Heartbreaking, Agent Pettit's other daughter turns 15 this week...

http://www.miamiherald.com/416/story/631884.html

Driver arrested in fatal shooting of federal agent
            Posted on Wed, Aug. 06, 2008
            BY JENNIFER MOONEY PIEDRA, ANI MARTINEZ AND ELY PORTILLO
            [email protected]

The man who police suspect killed a federal customs agent during a bizarre traffic dispute Tuesday was apprehended a day later in a Davie dialysis center after a massive manhunt, authorities said.

Police arrested James Wonder, 65, of Miramar, and charged him in connection with the shooting death of Donald J. Pettit, 52, of Pembroke Pines.

Pettit was gunned down -- shot once in the head -- in the parking lot of a post office at Pines Boulevard and Dykes Road as his 12-year-old daughter watched.

''She cries at night,'' Pettit's widow, Ileana, said Wednesday, sobbing. ``She holds me and says she wants her daddy back.''

Federal sources close to the investigation say the shooting was sparked by a road rage incident that started as Wonder and Pettit were driving on Pines Boulevard.

For some unknown reason, the two cars pulled into the post office parking lot and ended with Pettit laying in a pool of blood beside his car.

Wonder lives in Miramar with his wife of 30 years, Aurora.

Late Wednesday, she declined to speak with a reporter when reached by phone.

Her husband, who carries a concealed weapons permit, has no prior criminal history, according to public records.

sigpic

Comment

Fantastic news. Glad they got the scum bag.

It looked like the agent didn't have a chance, armed or not, as they showed the "bullet" hole in the agent's car, and it looked like the round entered through the rear driver's side window at an angle.

Probably had no idea...
              “The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed."

"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him."

Comment

Bad situation all the way around. I'm overjoyed that they were able to get that guy. When I was at work last night and the bolo came out onto my laptop that the guy had been caught, that was awesome. It made my night. Hopefully this is the right guy and he pays for what he did. Hopefully this will help the family in some small way.

Comment

Bad situation all the way around. I'm overjoyed that they were able to get that guy. When I was at work last night and the bolo came out onto my laptop that the guy had been caught, that was awesome. It made my night. Hopefully this is the right guy and he pays for what he did. Hopefully this will help the family in some small way.

Comment

Originally posted by SJR1709 View Post
                    Has to be the right guy... All they got to do is ask the 12yr old daughter that saw her father get gunned down by him. I'm sure she can PID him easily. Plus the person that tipped off the FBI must have known he was the one that did it. Why would some one call the FBI saying "a person of interest is at this clinic for a checkup", they knew it was exactly him. Glad they got him. Sucks seeing the wife speak to the media. I can only imagine what she's going through.

Comment

"Suspect hospitalized after questioning from police in Florida."

Actual qoute from Fox News. Thats what I'm talking about.
                      "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit" - Aristotle

Comment

Originally posted by ChevyPower View Post

Must have been some intensive questioning. I like it.

Comment

Originally posted by ChevyPower View Post

Lmao when I first heard that I thought they gave him a good beat down!! But I heard that old man has a medical history.

Comment

That's awful!
                            I hope that his family gets the justice that they deserve.

Comment

F'n dirtbag. Glad they got the guy.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3449 users online. 168 members and 3281 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X