300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trooper positions cut

It's sad to see the State continue to cut Trooper positions. It's a shame because the roads are so dangerous in Florida, and Troopers are already stretched so thin. Can the State of Florida do anything right? I am starting to wonder?

When did this happen and how many postions?

And yes, I absolutly agree, the state should be doing everything thing they can to add more troopers and increase their pay.

Comment

I don't understand how they're cutting troopers yet they still continue accepting applications and getting recruits ready for the academy.

Comment

I think they're cutting the number of authorized positions, however, they still have plenty of openings. If they're authorized to have 800, they cut that to 700 and they only have 500, etc....

Comment

Originally posted by BOSMIA View Post
          It's sad to see the State continue to cut Trooper positions. It's a shame because the roads are so dangerous in Florida, and Troopers are already stretched so thin. Can the State of Florida do anything right? I am starting to wonder?
          did you vote yes on amendment 1?

fhp is not the only agency cutting back. my sheriff's office did, along with many, many other agencies throughout the state. if there is no money how did you propose we pay for there positions?
          Last edited by luckydog; 08-05-2008, 02:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PB3021 View Post
            I think they're cutting the number of authorized positions, however, they still have plenty of openings. If they're authorized to have 800, they cut that to 700 and they only have 500, etc....
            That is exactly what they are doing!

Comment

Originally posted by luckydog View Post
              did you vote yes on amendment 1?

fhp is not the only agency cutting back. my sheriff's office did, along with many, many other agencies throughout the state. if there is no money how did you propose we pay for there positions?

I voted NO and got the wife to vote NO as well.

Comment

Originally posted by PB3021 View Post
                When did this happen and how many positions?
                This is kind of old news. Most, if not all, of the positions that were cut were vacant. a few (1 or 2) had actual people in them, but they just moved those people someplace else, so nobody actually lost their jobs. Good luck to all that are applying currently with FHP.

Comment

Amendment 1 Yes or No

Amendment 1 was for property taxes collected by the local government, not for the state or for state funding. It is a local issue and does not effect state agencies. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't see the connection with FHP and Amendment 1.
                  "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Oh but Amend 1 does afftect the state. Not only did Amend 1 reduce the amount of revenue collected by local jurisdictions, it restricted the authority or spending abilities of the local agencies and gave more authority over spending to the state gov't. That's one of the main problems with Amend 1. The fact that the state of Fl is run poorly and where there is not strong local govt, things do not run well. The city of Winter Springs put a great newsletter outlining the issues of Amend 1, I wish I could get a copy of it. Crist himself said Amendment 1 would take 16 Billion dollars out of the state's budget. How it's allotted or why, I dunno...although I think all of our state reps deserve a raise.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6106 users online. 323 members and 5783 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X