300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orange County SO

I will be relocating to the Orlando area from South Florida. I am LEO certified with 10 years on the road. Which dept would be a better choice, Osceola or Orange County Sheriff Dept. as far as pay benefits, overtime, pay plan , moral, etc...........

I have heard great things about both. Im not sure how things are going to be once Kevin Beary is not Orange County sheriff anymore. If Tegg gets in then theyll be set, if Demings gets it they screwed without a rubber. Osceola is apparently a very 10-8 place to work from what ive heard. I know orange county has competitive starting pay, take home vehicles, lots of specialized units so much OT they cant fill it all.

Comment

Orange County.....

Comment

I've heard Osceola has made great strides with their current sheriff in pay, morale, etc.

How will Demmings screw Orange? Not a resident of the county, no dog in the fight, just curious...

And don't forget Seminole, nice place to work and live and no changes due to upcoming election ....

Comment

Originally posted by PB3021 View Post
          I've heard Osceola has made great strides with their current sheriff in pay, morale, etc.

How will Demmings screw Orange? Not a resident of the county, no dog in the fight, just curious...

And don't forget Seminole, nice place to work and live and no changes due to upcoming election ....
          The one thing that jumps out at me is I don't know that the you want to have your two biggest agencies (OPD and OCSO) ran by a married couple.

Comment

Exactly having a married couple run the two largest agencies is not good. I know for a fact Jerry Demmings let certain students in his criminology classes cheat on their tests and his wife has no spine.

But back to the question...Either/Or and yes dont forget Seminole.

Comment

Seminole is a GREAT agency. Everyone always leaves them out of their decision making process. It's really something to look into. Talk to some of the guys over there.

Comment

See? Great agency, I'm also a recruiter but did'nt want to hijack an OSCO thread...almost worked there SCSO just picked me up 1st....

Comment

Thanks for all the 10-43, I didnt even think about applying to Seminole SO. I may check them out also, The main reason I was thinking about Orange SO, was the availability of OT, and details. I will be taking about a $30,000 paycut, leaving south florida. But due to family reasons I must move to the Orlando area. So the availability of a little of duty will help me adjust to the lower salary.

Comment

How busy is OCSO. Righ now I work 12 hour shofts that rotate days and nights. Weeknights around midnight it's very slow until the end of the shift. Knowign thaty in any department I would start on mids, I would not like to be waiting until the early morning to get busy.

Comment

Post deleted by user
                      Last edited by district6; 08-08-2008, 09:03 AM.
                      NCSHP
                      APPLICATION SUBMITTED OCT 2007
                      PHYSICAL AGILITY AND WRITTEN 156 T-SCORE
                      POLYGRAPH PASSED
                      BACKROUND COMPLETED
                      REVIEW BOARD NO GO
                      CONDITIONAL OFFER
                      PHYSICAL
                      PSYCHOLOGICAL
                      ACCEPTANCE LETTER
                      ACADEMY DATE NOV 12 2008

---------------------------------------------------
                      SUCCESS IS EARNED NOT GIVEN
                      sigpic

Comment

OCSO is a pretty busy agency, depending on secotor it could be a little lighter in some. But when you start over there, just plan on going call to call alot. If you're looking to sit around and be bored, OCSO is not the place. Try one of the smaller cities/towns in the county if you are set on orange county but don't want the call volume.

Comment

Thanks for the scoop cflcop55! The last thing that I want is a slow department. My family live in central Fl and I'm looking for a good department that keeps me relatively busy. I do not want to sit around and drive counting the minutes till the end of the shift.

Comment

You definitely won't have that problem at OCSO. Tons of opportunity to do different things as well. As soon as you do your, I think, 2 years, you can go into specialized units.

Comment

I'm confused about how the shifts run,

Midnight Shift (100 Series) 1900 – 0630
                              Day Shift (200 Series) 0600 – 1730
                              Evening Shift (300 Series) 1500 – 0230

looks like odd hours.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6275 users online. 323 members and 5952 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X