300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Florida Abt

Does anyone have any info on this state agency?

Nope, but be careful with State employment right now things are tight!

I had an app. in with Fla. Div. of Ins. Fraud and received an email that they withdrew the announcement. Funding issues are statewide for the most part.

Comment

Originally posted by bigstakz View Post
      Does anyone have any info on this state agency?
      I put in for it a few years ago before I went fed. But they cancelled the announcement after my interview... Their website had some good info, but you had to dig through it... I dont know if it has changed or not, I didnt look before posting.
      Last edited by madchiken; 08-05-2008, 12:55 AM.

Comment

Bigstakz, ABT has offices in most major cities through out Florida as i'm sure you are aware. Sounds like it might be a decent agency to work for. Seems like most of their work has to do with criminal investigations, of buisnesses licensed to sell alcohol, and tobacco products. I have applied to every field office twice, in the past year whenever they posted openings, and never recieved so much as a "Go **** up a rope" e-mail, or letter.( Florida certified, etc.) Seems to be a lot of disgruntled employee's that work there on another LEO forum.
        Can't hurt to apply, money seems decent but like Lawseeker said State employment seems tight. Good luck!

Comment

Thanks for the replys guys. I was just wondering do to the fact that I've seen a recent announcement. As for state funding, the state has plenty of money from revenues and so forth, it's just not budgeted, managed, or what ever you want call it, the right way.

I'm a State Employee!

Comment

Originally posted by bigstakz View Post
            As for state funding, the state has plenty of money from revenues and so forth, it's just not budgeted, managed, or what ever you want call it, the right way.

I'm a State Employee!
            You are absolutely right about that!!! I'm a state employee as well...What a joke this state has become when it comes time to take care of the state employees...

Comment

Originally posted by frostbiteCRA View Post
              You are absolutely right about that!!! I'm a state employee as well...What a joke this state has become when it comes time to take care of the state employees...
              True! I hear D.O.C is a complete mess right now with CPO layoffs and such.

Comment

Beverage enforcement is a good gig, but someone has to retire before they'll hire anyone.
                "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by mk7669 View Post
                  Bigstakz, ABT has offices in most major cities through out Florida as i'm sure you are aware. Sounds like it might be a decent agency to work for. Seems like most of their work has to do with criminal investigations, of buisnesses licensed to sell alcohol, and tobacco products. I have applied to every field office twice, in the past year whenever they posted openings, and never recieved so much as a "Go **** up a rope" e-mail, or letter.( Florida certified, etc.) Seems to be a lot of disgruntled employee's that work there on another LEO forum.
                  Can't hurt to apply, money seems decent but like Lawseeker said State employment seems tight. Good luck!
                  Still haven't heard anything mk7669?

Comment

Nothing

bigstakz, nothing yet and really do not expect to hear anything. Not sure what the problem is over there, other agencies Div. ins., FDLE, DOT, all have gotten back with applications or correspondence heck even medicaid fraud(although they want years of fraud experiance). Like i said applied last year to every branch of ABT, and again this year.....Nada..and their opening date is until 09/30/08. Altho, as everyone has been saying LEO jobs in Florida have really dried up including county, city etc.

Comment

All i know is that everyone refers to them as the "ATF" lol.

*kids at a party*

"Oh **** son the ATF is here, hide your cups!"
                      sigpic

Comment

Dont know if you already have the website address but here it is:

http://www.myflorida.com/dbpr/abt/LawEnforcement.html

All I really know about them are that they enforce the liquor laws/licensing and tabacco laws/regulations on private busniesses. Dont know if that really helps you at all.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6342 users online. 351 members and 5991 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X