300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applied

So I applied for Miami Gardens on Tuesday. I sent it in via snail mail. How long should I expect to hear something back from HR? I believe that it was a good choice. Give me some feedback if you guys have a different opinion.
    "Why am I getting a ticket? Because I am trying to deminish my Christmas card list, that's why!"

CBPO
    WRITTEN 05/05/09

Opinion:

Miami Gardens is without a doubt, one of the worst cities in Florida for crime. For all the naysayers and malcontents, check the FBI's UCR (Uniform Crime Report) for cities in the 100,000-200,000 population rage (which i believe is Miami Gardens). You will see just how nasty the crime is there. Add to that, the dept is brand new and as such, will most certainly have startup issues as most new agencies will.

Also keep in mind their fantastic benefits package (which definitely is top notch) is highly dependent upon you actually living IN the city of Miami Gardens (snowballs chance in hell for me), and of course those benefits will eventually have to come down a level off in the coming years.

Lastly, due to the demographics of the city council and the population vs a majority of police officers...Miami Gardens could easily be a racial time-bomb just waiting to explode (think police shooting).

I imagine the dept as a whole could very well be a good one with excellent officers, but there's not enough money or benefits in this world that would convince me to work in that city. *End of Opinion*

Good luck with your endeavor

Comment

I mailed mine 5 weeks ago....and haven't heard a word besides "we don't know" from HR.
      The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

Comment

Miami Gardens is the toilet of Miami Dade County crime wise. I pray that department does well. And like enisie said you have to live in Miami Gardens to recieve alot of those benefits. Their is not a place in Miami Gardens I would subject myself or my family members to live there.

Comment

Here we go again....

Miami Gardens has been thoroughly covered in other threads on here, with numerous posts from officers who actually work there. If you want opinions, you will get alot of different guesses. If you want facts and good information, check out the other threads, specifically the posts from MGPD officers.

As far as the benefits go, you can live in Dade, Broward, or Palm Beach, and you will receive the majority of the bonuses and benefits. However, there are a few extra bonuses, if you want to live in the city. It is up to you.....

Crime??? Yes, there is crime, but it is not the warzone that everyone is making it out to be. If you want to be a glorified babysitter, than this probably isn't the place for you. If you want to be a cop, and you want to work, then put your app. in.

Comment

I agree

Originally posted by Waggs369 View Post
            Miami Gardens has been thoroughly covered in other threads on here, with numerous posts from officers who actually work there. If you want opinions, you will get alot of different guesses. If you want facts and good information, check out the other threads, specifically the posts from MGPD officers.

As far as the benefits go, you can live in Dade, Broward, or Palm Beach, and you will receive the majority of the bonuses and benefits. However, there are a few extra bonuses, if you want to live in the city. It is up to you.....

Crime??? Yes, there is crime, but it is not the warzone that everyone is making it out to be. If you want to be a glorified babysitter, than this probably isn't the place for you. If you want to be a cop, and you want to work, then put your app. in.
            I agree with Waggs. I actually live in Miami Gardens. No there is not a shooting every single night. No it is not the warzone some of these guessers make it out to be. Yes it is crowded and have a lot of street roamers around. But I have been living here for the last 6 years and the crime here is not as bad as where I am originally from (foreigner). The city though does have crime still, but you cannot be a clown of a cop working the city. You better have your act together if you are going to patrol these streets. Good luck and I hope anyone who applied gets hired. Stay safe.
            Young people will change the old wicked ways of the past.sigpic

Comment

Tell it like it is Waggs!!!!! Givem' Hell!!!! haha
              The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

Comment

Miami Gardens is a craphole like I said. Not a warzone.
                http://cbs4.com/local/dangerous.city....2.571186.html

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6346 users online. 349 members and 5997 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X