300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible Change Of Address

I am thinking about moving to FL. I am currently a chief of police in small town in KY. I am still really young, 34 and have many years left in me! I want to know where you local guys think I might need to apply. I have always been kinda partial to the water! PD or SO really dosen't matter. Any guidance would help. Thanks
    "Why am I getting a ticket? Because I am trying to deminish my Christmas card list, that's why!"

CBPO
    WRITTEN 05/05/09

From Chief to Indian ?... I was thinking about moving to Fla. I like the Florida fish and Wildlife commission officers. They look like they do a lot of on water patrol in boats and stuff... When i retire, i may be there ...

www.floridaconservation.org

Comment

Depends on what you are looking for...FL is a big state and from S. FL to central and north FL it is two different worlds if being close to the water is that important to you then I would suggest anywhere is Broward, Dade or Palm Beach counties, you may also want to consider Collier or Lee in SW FL but it's apples and oranges as far as working say for Ft. Lauderdale PD or Tallahassee PD.

Comment

Thanks for the info. I am leaning more along the lines of south FL. I don't know why, but something is dragging me there. I can say that I don't mind working for a PD or an SO. If I have to start at the bottom, then ok. That is where I started here. You have to start somewhere right? I have applied at Miami Gardens PD as of today. Any other areas I should try?
        "Why am I getting a ticket? Because I am trying to deminish my Christmas card list, that's why!"

CBPO
        WRITTEN 05/05/09

Comment

If being close to the water is a preference, try these counties;

Hillsborough (Tampa)
          Pinellas (St. Pete)
          Manatee (Bradenton)
          Sarasota (Sarasota)
          Charlotte (North Port/Port Charlotte)
          Lee (Naples/Fort Myers)

Comment

Not to be picky but North Port is Sarasota County, and Naples is Collier County.
            There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Comment

Originally posted by tharc View Post
              Not to be picky but North Port is Sarasota County, and Naples is Collier County.
              Any P.D.'s down that way that he may be interested in? Please post up.

Comment

Depending what sized department you want there are more than 30 different agencies in Miami-Dade county alone.

Miami Gardens PD is one of the newest, and will be one of the busier departments when they really get rolling. (No water except canals/lakes.)

There are a lot of other agencies that have a lot of potential. If you are specifically looking a department that has a marine patrol component, the following in Miami-Dade have a marine unit:

Golden Beach, Aventura, Sunny Isles, North Miami, North Miami Beach, Bal Harbor, Bay Harbor Islands, North Bay Village, Indian Creek, Miami Beach, City of Miami, Coral Gables, Miami-Dade (sheriffs office), Key Biscayne?. Some of these agencies are small, but they all have atleast a "part-time" officer on the water - or officers assigned to marine patrol on weekends and/or holidays.

Broward County has fewer departments, but there are plenty with a marine unit. (Hallandale Beach, Hollywood, Ft Lauderdale, Lighthouse Point, BSO (sheriffs office)

There really are too many agencies to list for "South Florida". Do some research and see if there are any that may fit the size of department and benefits you might be looking for.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6157 users online. 328 members and 5829 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X